Photo Paper :: Best value for money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swakoo

Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
I just tested photo printing on my recently purchased photo printer (Canon ip3000) with the provided sample photo printing.. nice..

wonder whats the recommended paper out there for printing? or just stick to canon? where to purchase for a bette rprice? any recommendations?

not really much diff.....paper is just paper...just go for the gsm...

:)

buy the cheapest one.

Canon printers comes with profiles for their photo papers. So for more faithful color reproduction, using Canon photo papers would be a better bet. If you like something cheaper, I find that Konica papers are not bad too :)

HippingHippo said:
If you like something cheaper, I find that Konica papers are not bad too

Konica papers are good. But I don't like the glossy paper they sell. Colours fade very fast. Lustre is better.

dragos said:
not really much diff.....paper is just paper...just go for the gsm...

:)

buy the cheapest one.

Not really, try using Hp photo paper and you'll get drastic results and waste of $ and ink. get your paper from Cp, they will give a small 10% discount automatically... ;)

konica is good huh :)

yah the canon-paper reproduction thing sounds logical..

Try the Oyama laminating sheets too (available at CP too, comes in 2type of matt, glossy finish)), good for protecting your pics...

Canon has good printers but Epson rules when it comes to paper range.

i use mainly Epson Archival Matte, A4 and A3, on my Canon inkjet. The 'matte' profile for Canon works well with EAM.

If you need a thorough knowledge on papers and which is best for which printers. Visit www.injetmall.com. They sell these papers too if you have a credit card.

hmm you guys print your own photo regularly huh

i seldom, usually bring to shop but just looking for solutions that i can print adhoc basis... for those 1 or 2 shots

Swakoo said:
hmm you guys print your own photo regularly huh

i seldom, usually bring to shop but just looking for solutions that i can print adhoc basis... for those 1 or 2 shots

I used to print off my Epson Photo Stylus 2000, but I let the lab does it now. It is so much cheaper and definitely more archival.

If you decided to use a lab, my advice is to find a good reputable lab and maintain good relationship with the people there. You will be surprise how much privillege they can give you. I use Fotohub at Beach Road. I know the people there when they were RGB Color.

Kodak now produces its Ultima ColorFast paper. According to reviews it dries reasonably fast and color is good. Kodak claims that this paper, when used with canon or hp ink, lasts over 100 years in normal room condition without protection.

ST1100 said:
Canon has good printers but Epson rules when it comes to paper range.

i use mainly Epson Archival Matte, A4 and A3, on my Canon inkjet. The 'matte' profile for Canon works well with EAM.

So where to get EAM cheap/reasonable price?

Status
Not open for further replies.