Photo opportunity in Chiangmai

Status
Not open for further replies.

kueko

Feb 21, 2002
www.kuekophotography.com
Hi,

I'll be leaving for Chiangmai for work. May have 1 day free before i come back. Will like to find out what to look out for when i'm there. Anything interesting places or people? Or any place i can get cheap camera stuff? Any advise will be appreciated.

Another question, we have always talk about film passing X-ray machine. How about camera, going through those machine, does it affect the metering? Can the camera skip the X-ray machine?

Originally posted by kueko
Hi,

I'll be leaving for Chiangmai for work. May have 1 day free before i come back. Will like to find out what to look out for when i'm there. Anything interesting places or people? Or any place i can get cheap camera stuff? Any advise will be appreciated.

Another question, we have always talk about film passing X-ray machine. How about camera, going through those machine, does it affect the metering? Can the camera skip the X-ray machine?
No, cameras will NOT be affected by Xray. Very high speed films might be. Try to ask for hand inspection of films if you can, otherwise, it should still be quite safe for ISO 400 and below films to go through a "film safe" x-ray machine before the airport gate.

Regards
CK

J

JerChan

There is this temple which sits atop a hill outside the city walls. You may wanna check that out during the day and give the night markek a look in the later part of the evenings.

The hotel which you are residing in should be able to arrange for a transport to the temple and the night market else, just describe the place to the "toot toot" driver.

Most of these Thais understand simple english.

While at the night market, it would be helpful if you bargained for the prices, unless you don't mind paying 350 baht for something I got for 100 baht.

I don't remember seeing any camera shops around in Chiang Mai. And X-rays machines don't damage photographic film. But to be on the safe side, just hand carry your camera stuffs and request the airport staff to hand check them loh...

Lastly, enjoy yourself while you're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom