Photo of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Hey... any discussions started yet on how to choose the Photo of The Week (POTW)???

If not... maybe we can start discussing here...

We could start a thread for posting nominations for POTW where members can post links nominate a photo done by another clubsnap member. Others could also comment on the photo or show support for it... eventually a team or Core Team Members/Moderators would decide on the POTW...

Originally posted by willyfoo
Hey... any discussions started yet on how to choose the Photo of The Week (POTW)???

If not... maybe we can start discussing here...

We could start a thread for posting nominations for POTW where members can post links nominate a photo done by another clubsnap member. Others could also comment on the photo or show support for it... eventually a team or Core Team Members/Moderators would decide on the POTW...

Good idea. :)

Tats would give the budding photographists...haa (my england power)
a chance to showcase their talents. :)

Actually, why not start using this thread...
I'll make the first recommendation...
Megaweb's Bee
154-5461_img_std.jpg

Willyfoo & sbs99, we'll love to get it started ASAP, give us sometime please, hope to get thing work out and the coding done.

And Yes, Megaweb's Bee is a winning shots.

Any of you guys want to write reviews for your own cameras or equipments?

writing review is a good idea. But there comes to the problem. I think not all of us have handled enough camera for enough amount of time for comparison.

Good point by Flare. I wrote about the dangers of reviews sometime back when someone asked about the reliability of the reviews in some of the online websites.

you can review your own equipment. But it is not necessary to contain any comparison in the content. You can just write about what you feel about your equipment.

just like gaming review, they worte about how they feel about the game, the sound, the graphic.

For camera it may be , the AF, sensor, flash, weight and etc...

ClubSNAP shall kickoff Photo of the Week soon.

We need suggestions from all members on issues like:

Nomination of Photos (The numbers of photos a member are allowed to post for nomination)
Rules and Regulations (Guides on how and what to post, example: the size of the photo)

Anything else I’m missing?

I caution about the review idea again. Yes you can write about your own equipment, but this is tempered about your own personal experiences. Sure you can review your own camera's AF, etc, but using what as a base standard? If you use an F90x and happen to do my kind of work for example, I could consider it slow. But if you use an F55 and do landscape work, then you'll never have a problem with the AF.

Simon, my suggestion for POTW is to reverse what was proposed above, in so far as I believe it is the nominations that should be made by CTMs and/or moderators, and the actual selection should be made from a poll by normal members. That gives them the final say rather than the CTM/moderators, which is I believe the way it should be.

Originally posted by Simon
ClubSNAP shall kickoff Photo of the Week soon.

We need suggestions from all members on issues like:

Nomination of Photos (The numbers of photos a member are allowed to post for nomination)
Rules and Regulations (Guides on how and what to post, example: the size of the photo)

Anything else I’m missing?

I think we should limit it to 3 per members. The size should be no bigger than 640 x 480. This is impt for 56k users like me. As for what to post, either the core member of the club can come up with a theme for each week or we can post anything we want. Or even better, have 2 separate contests each week. One for a particular theme and the other one an open contest for anything that you feel is good.

So is there an uploading function for members to use or do we have to put a link just like what we are doing now?.

Originally posted by Falcon

I think we should limit it to 3 per members. The size should be no bigger than 640 x 480. This is impt for 56k users like me. As for what to post, either the core member of the club can come up with a theme for each week or we can post anything we want. Or even better, have 2 separate contests each week. One for a particular theme and the other one an open contest for anything that you feel is good.

So is there an uploading function for members to use or do we have to put a link just like what we are doing now?.

i agree wif falcon's idea of having a theme so that it would be easier for us to vote :D

Have you make your nomination for Photo of the Week?

What are you guys/gals waiting for?

Go Go Go!!!!!

Good news!! We have listened to you and have launched the POTW Nomination and Polling sub-section. Please go HERE for more details.

Participation like a bit slow right now, so if you guys could go there and boost it a bit, it would help.... :)

how about creating more categories?

e.g. Macro photo of the week, Abstract Photo of the Week, Fun Photo of the Week, etc

We're looking into creating various categories. However, unless our traffic (posting of quality photos) starts increasing dramatically, we won't be able to segregate them. We'll probably see one or two nominations in each category only!

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I say again, the photographer should have the option of declining being in the running for POTW.
We have no issue with that - will change the POTW nomination rules to allow for nominees to request for withdrawal.

Reliving the good old days..... where Photo-taking took centre stage in Clubsnap. No personal attack, no brand bashing, etc. Can we look forward to something like this in the new year - 2005. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.