Photo 'mosiac'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtune

Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a free software that's able to split up large prints onto several smaller prints that can be later arranged and pasted in a matrix arrangement to form the whole image?

Eg. I want to print out an A0-sized photo, but I only have an A4-sized borderless photo printer so I need a software to enlarge the original image and to divide among 16 sheets of A4's.

Something along the lines of banner printing.

one way would be to use Photoshop and first create the original image A0 size then crop out individual A4 segments and save them separately. Don't need new software to familiarise with.

That's quite a lot of effort using Photoshop or not... segmenting one large A0 into 16 A4's. :(

cjtune said:
That's quite a lot of effort using Photoshop or not... segmenting one large A0 into 16 A4's. :(
Not the hard, if you know how you use the guild function, fix you marquee size at A4, drag out a few guilds, copy and paste into new individual documents, with writing a small actions, can finish less an hour, the main issue should how the joins will be perfect when printing.

cjtune said:
So sorry that's the only way i can think of... I know of another free software but it is use as photo mosaic programme, e.g. make a larger picture from a database of pictures

moriahphotos said:
So sorry that's the only way i can think of... I know of another free software but it is use as photo mosaic programme, e.g. make a larger picture from a database of pictures

may i know what is the name of the software?

Status
Not open for further replies.