Photo Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JermsDayOut

Aug 19, 2003
www.instagram.com
For those guys going out for the Photo Marathon tomorrow.... GOOD LUCK!!! And i hope the weather will be kind to you. Do post your experiences when it's over? ;)

There were three assignments with one theme each. They were feelings, colours of life and lastly, city of lights. For each theme, we were given 3 hours.They were certainly challenging. However, the weather was kind to us. No rain. One bonus was for each participating member one was given a photograhper's jacket with 'Canon' embroiled at the back. Talking about getting back advertising dollars.

The top prize went to a young female photographer. Her winning shot was of a moving escalator with passengers. I believe it was on a tripod. The judges were Ken Cheong and John Cosgrove and Grace Chng.

That young lady happens to be Coolcat. Very colourful escalator and very special-angle shot for the city lights.

CONGRATS to Coolcat.

congrats coolcat. I was sitting in the front row and cheering you on as you received both the assignment and grand prizes. ;)

Although I didn't win anything, it was great fun especially the viewing of all the photographers' pictures during the slideshow.

Here's my work.

photomarathon.jpg

Well done SFHuang, your pictures were well researched and a joy to view,
like many of the participants you thought your assignment through well and
took great pictures, sadly there can only be one winner.
I hope you and all the Canon/CompTimes photo marathoners keep up their
high standards of work and we look forward to another event in the future.
johnc - one of the six judges.

Hi John. I was so excited that I forgot to thank you then. A big Thank You to you and the rest of the judges. The organisers did a great job too. The whole event was so well-organised and well-executed! I look forward to other events like this! :)

Hi SFH. Thank you very much for your support. Actually I couldn't have done it without the help of my friend Kok Leong. He was with me the whole of Saturday as my chauffeur-porter-advisor. So as a token of my gratitude I gave him the EOS300D :)

Lily

coolcat: I've seen your shots, pretty impressive, congratulations :)

Congrats coolcat on winning the competition! Your entry for the "Colours of Life" theme is my fav of the three and simply brilliant. Well done. :)

whoa... coolcat is an experienced film user leh... kudos to you for your very interesting shot for the photomarathon! looks like the canon jacket was really a bonus and a neat door gift for all participants. happening man!!! i think pretty soon, there'll be pple who'll be selling it off at $50 on this forum :)

enjoyed the slides show that nite

very creative and interesting :thumbsup:

Congrats to coolcat too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.