Photo Marathon Contest 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
keeps showing "The maximum allowed file size is 1024 KB and minimum allowed file size is 500 KB. Your image was KB. " after submitting :dunno:

bwilly said:
saw it 2..
but will get bashed up if u take some chio bu running??

wat u talking about?

kiama said:
keeps showing "The maximum allowed file size is 1024 KB and minimum allowed file size is 500 KB. Your image was KB. " after submitting :dunno:

i think everyone is supposed to submit his/her best photo for the pre-registration selection, but the competition website has not been properly set up yet.

zaren said:
i think everyone is supposed to submit his/her best photo for the pre-registration selection, but the competition website has not been properly set up yet.

That's rite.

are u guys accessing the rite site? i just click on 'register for competition' and went straight into the competition registration form. no need to submit any photo. :think:

I think there was a similar competition last year. If I remember correctly, whoever interested needs to submit a photo for the pre-qualification round. Then the organizer will select a group of participants. (abt 50-200??) On the actual day, all must report to the contest together, then the organizer will announce a theme for round 1, then all will set out to shoot with that same theme, then come back to print the image and submit the photos. Then organizer will announce the theme for round 2, and so on. The event would take a whole day.

nightwolf75 said:
are u guys accessing the rite site? i just click on 'register for competition' and went straight into the competition registration form. no need to submit any photo. :think:

uh huh... and when u press "submit", the same contest entry page will refresh with the error message added at bottom right.

zaren said:
uh huh... and when u press "submit", the same contest entry page will refresh with the error message added at bottom right.

ah! now i see the same error too. sorry guys... :embrass:

astin - did u take part in the competition b4?

"Images for download must be in JPEG format at 1,600 x 1,200 pixels, and should not be more than 2MB in file size. Images are not to be altered by any image editing software."

so cameras without 1600 x 1200 setting, how to resize?

Astin said:
No I seldom join any competition anyway.
See the fine prints :D

fine prints? :think: :bsmilie:

i wuz hoping to find out from someone who has taken part b4, to find out how the competition is like? from the time schedules, its really tight...

R&R Clause 1: Can I wear my Nikon vest + Nikon Cap over the Canon vest?

R&R Clause 14: Urm if i borrow DSLR I cannot take part cos it's 3:2 format instead of 4:3?

:sweat:

zaren said:
I think they're readying the page for upload of the word document to download and fill in (read the bottom page).

Sigh.

Well, I signed up for the competition, wonder if there's a cap to the number of participants or whether there will be a pre-qualifying round?

They target to have 600 participants ... :)

At least 30 must sign up for the PRO section ...

Status
Not open for further replies.