Photo Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart

Jan 16, 2006
What s/w do you use to manage your photo library. I am currently using Picasa and it seems ok - are there any other apps out there worth considering...?

Thanks

Adam

i'm using Acdsee. it's very gd and fast. :)

poptart said:
What s/w do you use to manage your photo library. I am currently using Picasa and it seems ok - are there any other apps out there worth considering...?

Thanks

Adam

Depends on what features you require... like, do you need a program that can:
- keep track of off-computer backup
- actually burn the cds for you
- ftp files to servers
- store thumbnails for faster browsing
- search for files
etc...

there's an excellent program called Imatch Image Management that is reasonably priced, has great reviews, and has a user friendly interface...unfortunately it hung on me a few times...

there are many others but the one I'm in the midst of implementing now, Iview MediaPro is also highly regarded, and has a great implimentation of many features but is more pricy... they have a non-pro version that is cheaper but have not tried it...

is there a software for slideplaying with music?? coz i once saw a photographer using a program slideplay and got music when the slideplay is activated.. :think: \

any1 got any idea??

That sounds like either flip album or photoshop album....

zhang3feng said:
is there a software for slideplaying with music?? coz i once saw a photographer using a program slideplay and got music when the slideplay is activated.. :think: \

any1 got any idea??

I think you might be referring to Photodex. This is a simple and powerful program. I am using the Gold edition and no complaint. The output option is just great with DVD or CDRom or even video. So what if we take great picture but do not have good way of presenting it rite? ;p The MS slideshow just can not make it man.

fishtan said:
I think you might be referring to Photodex. This is a simple and powerful program. I am using the Gold edition and no complaint. The output option is just great with DVD or CDRom or even video. So what if we take great picture but do not have good way of presenting it rite? ;p The MS slideshow just can not make it man.

where to get this photodex program man?? :think:

i wanna give it a try

fishtan said:

try the proshow producer. can do layers. pm if want to see sample

Errz said:
try the proshow producer. can do layers. pm if want to see sample
Hi Errz, please kindly me a sample thanks.

zhang3feng said:

any1 got any idea??

Picasa can do that too.

Lenscapes said:
Picasa can do that too.

jus d/l picasa! worked quite well.. still exploring the function.. wonder can it export the whole slideplay to a standalone??:bsmilie:

destiny_star said:
i'm using Acdsee. it's very gd and fast. :)

I have to agree with you destiny_star. I've been using it since v.2 and although the later versions are bloatware its still a great program.:thumbsup:

zhang3feng said:
jus d/l picasa! worked quite well.. still exploring the function.. wonder can it export the whole slideplay to a standalone??:bsmilie:

I do not think picasa can export the slide show to be standalone. That is why I chose Photodex, after finalising the slide show with music etc, you can export it as a .exe file which can be run on any PC without that PC needing to have the program. And in the event that a PC is not available, you can export it as DVD or VCD format.

You can find a trail download at www.photodex.com

ACDSee and Picassa work well. ACDSee is fast when looking at full screen previews.

fishtan said:
I do not think picasa can export the slide show to be standalone. That is why I chose Photodex, after finalising the slide show with music etc, you can export it as a .exe file which can be run on any PC without that PC needing to have the program. And in the event that a PC is not available, you can export it as DVD or VCD format.

You can find a trail download at www.photodex.com

wonder where to get the free version :bsmilie:

acdsee pro is good. works abit better than version 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.