Photo Lamination!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Jun 23, 2005
East Coast
What are the avaliable types of lamination?

I have csers are always saying cold lamination , what is this?:dunno:

The Oracle said:
What are the avaliable types of lamination?

I have csers are always saying cold lamination , what is this?:dunno:

cold lamination is to add a layer of protective plastic over the front surface of yr photos without going thru the heater machine. cold lamination on photos are done with a kind of rollers machine. photos and the sticky plastic past thru the machines to prevent air bubbles.
mainly this photos are for mounting photos albums.:)

Which method is better? hot or cold?:bsmilie:

the finishing is different
the normal lamination will give a glossy finish...which i tink u already know wat it looks like

cold lamination, however, is a matt finishing, thicker and more scratch resistant....its wat they use in the wedding albums.... perhaps this will give u a better idea...

my take is, cold lam...coz the normal laminiation's surfcae is too reflective...

cheers..

So where is the cheapest for cold lamination? Hehe need to gather information for my photo. Do you think getting the tool is better and cheaper?

satan_18349 said:
You can DIY by going to cathay and get those OYAMA laminating sheets. comes in 2 matt and 1 glossy finish...;)

Ohh! Thanks satan! Is there different types of texture? Did CP also sell the roller?

No problem, Yap, 2 types of matt finish ( both are thicker than the glossy type, one is slightly more texturized). You can just get the scapper at around $2. ;)

* The glossy sheets are VERY thin, so got to be extra careful when applying to photographs.*

satan_18349 said:
No problem, Yap, 2 types of matt finish ( both are thicker than the glossy type, one is slightly more texturized). You can just get the scapper at around $2. ;)

* The glossy sheets are VERY thin, so got to be extra careful when applying to photographs.*

Thanks! I heard roller is better but dont know where to get it. Any idea where? Csers?

Status
Not open for further replies.