Photo Galleries's pics being leeched

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjl

Aug 8, 2002
The Guilin of Spore
Visit site
Hello guys....

It seems with the recent DreamCars exhibit and a lot of Clubsnapers taking photos and post them in Clubsnap, Some undesirable pple have leech your photos and post them in Photoforums and SGGirls....

Wonder what is the views/feelings on these pple and what action you guys do to prevent more of these leeching happening?

juz a discussion

one word: unethical

cjl said:
Hello guys....

It seems with the recent DreamCars exhibit and a lot of Clubsnapers taking photos and post them in Clubsnap, Some undesirable pple have leech your photos and post them in Photoforums and SGGirls....

Wonder what is the views/feelings on these pple and what action you guys do to prevent more of these leeching happening?

juz a discussion

Pardon me as I am newbie, but where is Photoforums and SGGirls???

really hate the way they "destorying" the rights of photos & the photographer.
bunch of no moral kids... :thumbsd:

no one answer my question ley how come?

pbase can put private or not?

else, would putting a private album / password protected album deter such users?

alankuik said:
Just a question.

does pbase allows a users's particular album to be made private???

The answer is YES. I'm a regular PBase user, and this site just allowed creation of a 'password protected' album/gallery. You can simply assign a complicated password to that gallery, and everyone who tries to access that gallery will be prompted to enter a password.

Any one who tries to link the pics in that gallery will not succeed.

Hope this helps.

why complain? :D

What makes you guys think it's legal to post in clubsnap the so called "glamour-shot-taken-at-carshow" :D do you guys sign model release in the first place? Doesn't it mean the photographer is leeching those pretty and cutes faces from the car exhibitioner for his own fun?

You supposed to go to car shows to buy car, not to take photo of the girls :D:D

amateur_photographer said:

What makes you guys think it's legal to post in clubsnap the so called "glamour-shot-taken-at-carshow" :D do you guys sign model release in the first place? Doesn't it mean the photographer is leeching those pretty and cutes faces from the car exhibitioner for his own fun?

DO you need a model release thing in SG? :think: WHY it's not LEGAL?

Actually not for this exhibition. The girls are meant as crowd pullers and are as much attraction as the cars themselves! Read up the various newspapers articles on the race queens :)

Reasons to get POed

1. Used in unsavory sites
2. For commercial usage without prior knowledge.
3. Claiming the works as their own.

Although it would still irk me, makes no sense to get all heated up about it as they are still going to get their pics from other places/people.

alankuik said:
Just a question.

does pbase allows a users's particular album to be made private???
yes u can set password on a particular album so only those with the password can access that album

:thumbsd:

The models are there for a purpose. And did the security guards at the exhibit stopped photographers taking photos becoz it isnt allowed, no?

Hot linking other pple's works, not for profession photography/serious appreication but for "PCC" purpose (quoted from the HWZ thread) is simply a disrespect to the owner of the photos.

I have a similar problem every now and again on my site. My pics tend to get displayed in blogs. I contact each and every on of them, most are snobby, and don't understand bandwidth theft, or even think about crediting me. I would most likely say yes :(

thats why he is an amatuer.

Status
Not open for further replies.