Photo Finish digital print price increased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
My GF just send a CD to Photo Finish to print.

The assistant there told her that the 35cents per pic is only promotional.

Now, it's 50Cents per pic + $5 handling fee.

Anyone can confirm this?

I only use ONE lab - Colour Lab Photo Finishing at Adelphi. Excellent, consistent results. And friendly staff (if you go to their digital lab, not the one with the 2 girls, selling albums, film and all, a.k.a. "friend shop").

Now that Photo Finish charges $0.50 per 4R and $5 handling fee, might as well go Colour Lab, which is a pro lab. Max turnaround 2 days.

Regards
CK

Yah...went Singapore Colour Centre 2 days ago.
Also $0.50 per 4R print + $5 handling charge.
Used to be $0.35 3 mths ago...
Should be the same for Photo Finish.
Should have used Fuji e-print....haiz

Real bad news....

Part of my reason for going digital is because digital print is more affortable...

Hmm... back to square one....

photofinish 0.35 is only promotion for 1 month.

maybe u wanna try standard? or was it at .50 now too? since color ctr is 0.50

Originally posted by sunyee
photofinish 0.35 is only promotion for 1 month.

maybe u wanna try standard? or was it at .50 now too? since color ctr is 0.50

I thought they both belong to the same boss?
Someone mentioned it or did I mistakenly think so..

Originally posted by Willy
i just asked the standard photo shop in Bukit Merah
still developing at $0.35 per 4R
but now got $5 handling ...

but if you develop selected photos only ...
it will be $0.5 per 4R i think

Locations:
http://www.ntuclink.com.sg/linkmerchant/linkmerchant_detail.phtml?reckey=59

safra card got 15% discount ... :p

Ok. thanks..
I used to developed with Standard but have the impression that Photo Finish and Standard Photo are actually under the same management.

RGB charges $0.80 per print if you print more than 5 copies, no handling charge at all. 15% discount for SAF members, and turnaround time is 3 hours.

Friendly service, excellent quality, and fast. I think if you factor in the $5 charge that the other shops charge (eg. 10 prints at $0.50 each + $5 = $10 vs. $0.80 x 10=$8.00) , this is a pretty good deal. Add the 15% discount and it''s only $0.70 a print.

Prints on Kodak professional digital paper. I've done some, very vibrant colours, and nice contrasts for B&W digital prints as well.

I guess most importantly they can get it done in a few hours, and they are a pro lab. (plus no ERP to get to their Orchard shop :gbounce: )

Originally posted by Minimalis
RGB charges $0.80 per print if you print more than 5 copies, no handling charge at all. 15% discount for SAF members, and turnaround time is 3 hours.

Friendly service, excellent quality, and fast. I think if you factor in the $5 charge that the other shops charge (eg. 10 prints at $0.50 each + $5 = $10 vs. $0.80 x 10=$8.00) , this is a pretty good deal. Add the 15% discount and it''s only $0.70 a print.

It depends on how many you print. I usually print tens and somtimes >100 and the cost would be much much higher!

The reason why most shops are charging at $0.50 and $5.00 for service is because they have to correct the colours (just like from negative) ...

Actually if you guys print regularly, u should be able to get $0.35 per copy if you negotiate with the boss ... I am getting mine at $0.35 coz I give him lots of business and he does not need to correct any colours for me... This is the arrangement for me ...dunno if it works for other shops ... up to u to negotiate ... and pls forgive me for not being able to reveal the name of the shop I go to or else the boss will kill me ....

I'm still getting $0.29 per 4R print (plus $5 handling charge) and the quality looks ok. Would be getting my 3rd batch soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.