UBIN: Photo Essay

Photos by Khairi
Taken during Vesak Day

Camera: Minolta 505si Super - Switched to Panoramic Mode
Lens: 28mm / F1.8 Sigma prime lens
Settings: Av priority
Film: Provia 100F - scanned
Developing shop: Colourlab
Editting: PSed for color correction and cropping.

Credits:
Sukhaizi - for letting me borrow your cam's body
Cheat - for that wonderful little lens.
Vincent - for making me drink coconut juice at your 'Local beau' shop :D

Enjoy.

ubin01a.jpg

ubin02.jpg

ubin03.jpg

ubin04.jpg

ubin05.jpg

ubin06.jpg

ubin07.jpg

ubin08.jpg

ubin09.jpg

ubin10.jpg

ubin11.jpg

ubin12.jpg

ubin13.jpg

ubin14.jpg

ubin15.jpg

ubin16.jpg

ubin17.jpg

ubin18.jpg

isit me screen or the images, perhaps just a tad over saturated?

Khairi,
Good attempt and overall good flow except for some disconnect after the lunch part. Not sure if it is my monitor or the contrasts seems a bit over-done, is it?

-WK

frankly, i too was facing the same saturation prob :D i was trying out the film the colour seems to jump right out!

Good story there... I like the "wide format" style. Btw, what fonts are you using?

hewmf said:
Good story there... I like the "wide format" style. Btw, what fonts are you using?
The wide format style was intentional from the very beginning :D

The film was an experiment. But is was a good experiment.
At least, I know Fuji Reala, NPH 400, Superia will be good enuff for my general use. Kodak 200HD & 400 is just nice too. Have yet to process the Elitechrome 400 yet.

God knows what's the outcome?!

Font is called Budhand. It's a free font, can dwnload it for both Mac & PC. Increase it's tracking/kerning when using this font.

I like the overall narration and choice of pictures. I did a similar photoessay topic for my assignment too.

The last picture is priceless. The sense of motion and of time passing by too quickly summarizes all that you had to say about Ubin.

The two shots of the unicyclist are good too, especially the second one. Must have needed quick reflexes for those shots. Again I like the sense of motion in the second shot.

NashVillian said:
isit me screen or the images, perhaps just a tad over saturated?

I like the over saturated effect though. Great job on the photo essay. I loved the pictures and the narration.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

StreetShooter said:
The last picture is priceless. The sense of motion and of time passing by too quickly summarizes all that you had to say about Ubin.

The two shots of the unicyclist are good too, especially the second one. Must have needed quick reflexes for those shots. Again I like the sense of motion in the second shot.
what a thing to say...priceless...both unicyclist shot was done with manual focus, and was good luck that another two cyclist appeared in the frame from the opposite direction. IT was JUST NICE.

Great pictures, well worded. Enjoyed thoroughly.

Admire you guys being able to give such nice captions to pictures.

Very nicely presented......

A not that easy presentation to choose the crop for the landscape presentation for all the pics.

I like it.......i think you missed out the "n" in heaven??

rgds,
sulhan

you're a good photographer.

period.

shoot more and post more.

Some of the earlier comments about over-saturation..I think it adds a touch of fantasy-like feeling to the essay..

Always enjoy Khairi's posts!

khairi said:
frankly, i too was facing the same saturation prob :D i was trying out the film the colour seems to jump right out!

i disagree, i think that they way u have contrast and saturation right now really adds to the overall feeling that you were trying to get across with the essay...i could also just be on crack

peace
the freakz :Kok:

Status
Not open for further replies.