Photo Enhancement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any software out there that can enhance an image at a click of a mouse? Contrast, sharpness, skin-tone, etc.

No need to buy any expensive software. Just hire a DI artist and tell him/her what you want.

No need to buy any expensive software. Just hire a DI artist and tell him/her what you want.

WAHH! Like that more expensive than software leh. I'm looking for a low cost software that do not need a lot of skill to do it, Photoshop is expensive and needs a lot of experience.

Look for all those buttons that start with the word "auto-....".

Anyway, what is acceptable level of enhancement to some might not be to others, so it depends on your own finetuning eventually.

WAHH! Like that more expensive than software leh. I'm looking for a low cost software that do not need a lot of skill to do it, Photoshop is expensive and needs a lot of experience.

Look at it this way. If all artists have access to the software you are looking for, they can't be that expensive then.

Look at it this way. If all artists have access to the software you are looking for, they can't be that expensive then.

Techology would/had empowered amatuer and pro alike. It had allowed wonderful works once done on very highend and expensive machines.

if you shoot raw, can try Capture One..http://www.phaseone.com/4/

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Any software out there that can enhance an image at a click of a mouse? Contrast, sharpness, skin-tone, etc.

anything that does anything with a click of the mouse

usually gives you good results 10% of the time.

if you are fine with that, then even picasa will do.

Agree with My December. I am a photoshop-idiot but LR is easy to pick up. Not too ex too. IIRC $159 for LR2 student (Academic Version). U can try it out first before buying. With a clock of mouse, is abit impossible if you think about it. Technically, software also wont know how you want to enhance or what sort of feelings you want the photo to give too right?

I strongly recommend Aperture 2 from Apple. A Fantastic software that is easy to use. ;)

Yes, I agree. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

If such software do exists, all DI artists will be out-of-job.

By the way, if you need a crash course in Photoshop, drop-by my studio and I will show you how to do certain time-saving tricks that pros use.

Last edited:
To TS, if your idea is to have a rather fixed workflow of processing your photos, maybe invest your time in learning how to record actions in photoshop.

If the TS is seriously looking for a no-brainer software, I would highly recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. It is reasonably-priced and does 75% of what Photoshop CS3 does minus the complications.

Last edited:
there's a reason why DI people are paid to do the job they do... they don't just operate a program, they provide creative input... but to get back to point, I would suggest looking at DxO Pro... it does have quite a wide variety of auto functions correcting not just the colour and brightness but also lens distortion... as well, they are camera and lens specific, which they claim would mean that their solution is tailored to each camera and lens combination (provided the lens you use had been tested by them) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.