Photo Editorial Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoMie

Jan 7, 2007
www.flickr.com
Hi guys, I would like to ask how much is the editorial rates for magazines? It's a full page of photo to be printed on the in-flight magazine.

silverkris magazine. was asked the same question about a few days ago.

so, they sent same e-mails to others for the editorial photo to be printed in their mags... have you received one e-mail, too?

not really. it was thru pbase pm function in which i have replied via email.

it's same NMSS_2... they sent me an e-mail/pm to my flickr site... and i wonder how many of us photographers they've contacted... so, back to my question, how much is the editorial rates for magazines?

not sure about that..... just that i was advised by good friend on certain conditions about it. perhaps some Pros can shed some lights on this?

thanks, NMSS_2... hopefully others will share their knowledge/experience on this...

Just FYI, SilverKris is managed by SPH...so dun expect top $... :)

yes, actually it's from the SPH contacted me about that... I don't expect they'll pay much on the photo but it's the credits or recognition is important to me...

yes, actually it's from the SPH contacted me about that... I don't expect they'll pay much on the photo but it's the credits or recognition is important to me...

maybe you can ask them to credit you in the mag or ask for a copy of the mag then

maybe you can ask them to credit you in the mag or ask for a copy of the mag then

already talked to them about the credits and they have no problem about that... seen their mags and they made a proper credits to the photographer...

already talked to them about the credits and they have no problem about that... seen their mags and they made a proper credits to the photographer...
So you talked with them about giving credits, was this before they printed the image?

It is their intention that bothers me with these kind of competitions, and it shows in that they still did not acknowledge the maker of the image, although in your conversation with them they did want to acknowledge?

Now they wil likely print your name (in small letters) somewhere in the next issue, so small that no one will see? No integrity...........

HS

... what I'm after is that they should give proper credits to the photographer...

I will continue to shoot the Flyer and other Singapore places and hopefully in the future they recognise the importance of credits given to the photographer...

If you're waiting for that to happen, it's going to be like hoping that water will eventually flow upriver. Around the world, the rights and pay of editorial photographers are being eroded very very rapidly.

Not sure if you've turned pro yet, but if you are planning turning pro, while credits are important, I would put a price tag on your work, otherwise before you know it, you'll be the go to guy for free pics. And when the organization is ready to pay for pics, guess what? they'll fly in some big name foreign photographer who charges money. Why? Is it because he is better than you? nope! simply because they will think his pictures are good because he charges money for it and you will forever be the no-budget-so-we'll-call-him guy.

Putting some sort of value on your work, more than just credit (it doesn't have to be monetary, it can be a trade for service or product, a page of advertisement in the mag, etc), will make your clients value your work more.

Status
Not open for further replies.