Photo Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
Hi all
Just checking if there are any freeware photo editing software that can auto correct for reddish photos (due to aging) or remove scratches on them?
Thanks in advance

Hi all
Just checking if there are any freeware photo editing software that can auto correct for reddish photos (due to aging) or remove scratches on them?
Thanks in advance

GIMP.

You can try the Beta Version of CS3 or any trial version of older PS. Just do color balance or or auto levels for the colors and cloning for those scratch marks. ;)

thanks but can't get picasa to work properly. it has problems connecting to the server plus the editing tools are too simple...

just tried picassa again. when I tried to connect to web album, it always tells me I need an internet connection even though I am conncted and I have configured my firewall for it to access the internet. anyone can hlep here?
thanks

If u have Picasa photo storage, u need also to register for the Picasa Web Album before it can connect to it.

I did..but the software kept on asking me to do an internet connection.
actually what I really wanted is a freeware that can correct white balance boo boos, nothing fancy needed. Any suggesions?
Have a happy new year!

Thanks squid!
Will try it.

I downloaded picasa 2 (version 2) last night using my hotel room's broadband in Bangalore, it took 10 minutes. After that the installation is a breeze (few seconds).
Check out this site > http://google.picasa.com/

I have been using this freeware for more than a year, it is basic but it works for non-critical tough up. Easy to operate and it does not alter your original image file. Cheers :)

thanks fellas. I was thinking of software with one touch operation rather needing you to adjust several parameters.
In fact, I also need the software to compensate for wrong WB. (you know those shots you set the wrong WB and came out red or blue). I find it difficult to find the sweet spot. Was thinking if any software can reverse the effect with 1 touch of the button?
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.