Photo editing software to recommend

khongovic

Jan 4, 2010
Boon Keng
Hi

Any suggestions on what photo-editing software to get? Photoshop CS4 & 5 is just too cpmplicated. I only need basic functions like retouching photos, add watermark etc. Currently looking at Corel PhotoImpact X3, Paintshop Photo Express, or Adode Photoshop Elements.

Cheers

Paint.Net ... and the price is just $0.00

It has tutorials at its web site and a forum page for help.

HTH.

you can try Lightroom for systematic filing and basic touch up, export to element or CS4 (you choice) for in depth modification. But these are not free.

you can try Lightroom for systematic filing and basic touch up, export to element or CS4 (you choice) for in depth modification. But these are not free.

Paint.Net ... and the price is just $0.00

It has tutorials at its web site and a forum page for help.

HTH.

Thanks for the valuable suggestions. Will try it out.

Google Photoscape/Gimp, free and good.

Adobe Lightroom 3 beta is free :)

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

However, you'll still need to find a replacement when it expires... or you might find out that you prefer something else.

I am using ACDSee Pro3. Find it easy to use

if you are on canon, your camera should have come with the free digital photo professional software that allows you to retouch. it's user friendly and is in sync with your canon functions.

actually you dont even need to own a canon, you can easily get this software from someone who does.

Wao. Even the free ones are difficult to use. Sian

Perhaps you have not tried long enough or not able to reach a particular function for your needs. Suggest you start a new thread and ask questions.

Perhaps you have not tried long enough or not able to reach a particular function for your needs. Suggest you start a new thread and ask questions.

Actually u are right. I havn't got time to explore the various functions and capabilities of a photoediting software. Will need to read up those free online tutorials. There are many available online. e.g http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/ is a very good site.

if you are on canon, your camera should have come with the free digital photo professional software that allows you to retouch. it's user friendly and is in sync with your canon functions.

actually you dont even need to own a canon, you can easily get this software from someone who does.

Oh is it? I use Sony most of the time though i have got a 2nd hand Canon as well. Havent install the CD-rom yet.

Wao. Even the free ones are difficult to use. Sian

it is not easy... have to be very hardworking to read read read and try try try...

try gimp first lor... it is the most powerful free photo editing software in my opinion...

www.gimp.org

Paint.net is fast, light and powerful with the plugin installed. (highly recommend the plugins from Pyrochild, Tanel and Boltbait do the google yourself...yea.. ).

Most simple is Picasa.

Photoscape is quite nice as well.