Photo editing need help urgent!

AreSs

Mar 31, 2011
Hi guys I'm new to photography n recently took pictures for my Sis wedding, shots were taken I jpeg format.... I want to edit the photos to black and white and retain some parts in color.. E.g took shots of ring n flower wanted to change all to black n white while the flower retaining it's colour. Anyone knows how to do it and what software enables me to do so? Hope to hear reply soon as it's part of the wedding gift for my Sis n I wanna do it as best
As I can....

Tks but picas should be able to do the same right?

If you have photoshop you can layer both images on top of each other e.g black over colour and delete out the parts you want colored.

One of the ways of doing this, may not be the best.. :sweatsm:

Picasa is your most straightforward way to do it.
Not the best compared to layers and masking in PS, but should get the job done in many cases.

yep picasa is the simplest.

I stumbled upon a free taiwanese program at keniu.com. it has fun edits that can glamourise your portrait photos and also has some basic functions. The selective color is also available better than picasa as you 'paint' back the areas you want color and the rest are in black and white. You can also use the same technique for selective blur etc.

catch is the menu and options are in chinese so you have to figure out the functions.
In case you're interested to use this, you can use "打开" to open your photo, and find the selective color function (局部彩色笔) under the "编辑" tab.

Good luck in your gift to your sis, it's mighty nice of you!

use lightroom and brush away the unwanted/to be B&W converted part :)

Last edited:
please use this effect sparingly,

it has been overly done, especially in wedding photos, no longer find it interesting IMO.

Tks all for the advice will try picassa I know it's been done alot of times but my experience nt even a mth old haha I took those shots base on how others took their wedding photography still newbie but will explore...

ive download the picasa, i cant find how to add borders not to even mention the removing of colors..

Last edited: