Photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Nov 15, 2004
siglap
Hi Guys! I have a sets of photo and i have done my editing. Now i wanted to send for photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode in photoshop before i save? Thanks!

joezzz said:
Hi Guys! I have a sets of photo and i have done my editing. Now i wanted to send for photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode in photoshop before i save? Thanks!

Depending on where your files will end up. If you are developing them at a photo lab such as fotohub, save them in RGB. For offset printing, it is always CMYK.

Send for Colorlab printing = RGB
Send for Offset printing = CMYK

May i ask, what is offset printing? i hear it is something like mass printing?

joezzz said:

For photo lab use RGB.

offset printing mostly use for commercial print like - magazine, it need CYMK to do colour seperation for making plates.

waiaung said:
To send to Photodevelopment... its CMYK!
:D

This is the first time I heard sending an image file to a photo lab in CMYK. Which school of thought is that?

photobum said:
This is the first time I heard sending an image file to a photo lab in CMYK. Which school of thought is that?

Hehhee... Maybe the old old low end labs use ink jet printers for photo development? Who knows.

Anyway..as what's mentioned, most photo labs are on RGB. Machines like Kodak, Fujifilm and Konica are the same.

If you are sending for commercial prints (magazine, prochures or whatever). CMYK will be the output standard.

Thanks guys! I am suar ku in using digital! Thanks for you guys helps! I deeply appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.