photo dev shop wont print multple images in one photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
heh saw a guy's passport photo refused by the photo shop
cos they didn't allow him to print 6 passport photos(scanned?) and composited in a 4R size digital image.
cos of a clause in their terms which disallowed them to print multiple images in a photo
hmmm any tips for printing the passport photo cheaply? (except for printing yourself?)
actually the guy can jus pretend to print the photo suitably sized in a single photo and cut out from each 4R.
its a terrible waste i guess.
but its silly to get passport photos at photo shops now cos they do it in digital anyway and prob do the same. jus that they have a more pro cutter to cut your photo...

Just use the self-service kiosks available at many of these digital photo shops and prnt it yourself. ;)

slaam said:
cos they didn't allow him to print 6 passport photos(scanned?) and composited in a 4R size digital image.
cos of a clause in their terms which disallowed them to print multiple images in a photo
hmmm any tips for printing the passport photo cheaply? (except for printing yourself?)
actually the guy can jus pretend to print the photo suitably sized in a single photo and cut out from each 4R.
but its silly to get passport photos at photo shops now cos they do it in digital anyway and prob do the same. jus that they have a more pro cutter to cut your photo...
Boycott that shop, which shop is that so that I won't go there also. It shouldn't matter to them whether there are 10 images or just 1 image in a 4R. They are just not professional enough. What about other designed composites? I put text on my print? Anyway, I only print at ColourLab in Adelphi.

slaam said:
Like to double check with you that is this person give: (#1) a single image to the lab to ask them make a composite into 6 images in a piece of 4R? or (#2) a single digital file has composited of 6 images?
And did he ask for borrowing the passport cutter as well?

Tell that shop they're gonna lose more customers...

Yup, goto a shop that accepts your composited photos

slaam said:

i got the same feedback from my friend, help her to make her passport photo but the shop (konica minota at clementi) refuse to print saying that is their policy, if she want to print then have to pay for the price of x8 photo....... after that she when to another shop to print.. and the shop also offer her extra 50c to cut the picture into piecess....

i tell my friend: you should go and tell that shop that if you dont wan to do my business other people will do.

I did that with Fotohub and there was no problem. I also managed to borrow a passport photo cutter and cut out the photos! :p

Thumbs up for Fotohub! Other then their price, they are the best!

Which shop was your at? Publicise it here!

slaam said:

Beachboy said:
i got the same feedback from my friend, help her to make her passport photo but the shop (konica minota at clementi) refuse to print saying that is their policy, if she want to print then have to pay for the price of x8 photo....... after that she when to another shop to print.. and the shop also offer her extra 50c to cut the picture into piecess....

i tell my friend: you should go and tell that shop that if you dont wan to do my business other people will do.

HAHAHA
I wonder if it was you i saw cos its the same shop.. (if you read my story i saw someone its not me)
I don't blame the shop totally they are running a business here. if everyone does the same they will make no money from passport photos.
so i understand their mentality.
so I wont boycott the shop per se (they do have a pretty experienced printer whose colors are pretty good but crappy when you give them more abstract shots (they try to increase the saturation and exposure for moody shots lol)
they are a vol based shop so i will go there when i want to print snapshots. but dun expect great service think they are overworked and have to face alot of nasty customers

but that's singapore economy for you. most jus dun want to pay more for the same stuff so if the price is right, ppl jus keep coming. I guess that's why the shop can be so arrogant and still expand its shop to occupy two spaces now.

but yeah will go to another shop when I need that passport photo ;p only go there when i need casual shots to keep at my table for a month or two.. saves me trouble to go to somewhere else when there's one jus near my doorstep

catchlights said:
Like to double check with you that is this person give: (#1) a single image to the lab to ask them make a composite into 6 images in a piece of 4R? or (#2) a single digital file has composited of 6 images?
And did he ask for borrowing the passport cutter as well?
its #2 so it was no trouble at all for them. and it was at the selection of photos to print stage so there was no passport cutter involved. the guy jus walked away and say then he didn't want to print anymore.
heh this is a bummer for me too cos I tot of printing photo-namecards (prob fit 4 in one 4R for the price of 25 cents per 4R which works out to ard 5.1 cents per card AND ITS PHOTO QUALITY! ...
haha darn.. oh well you can't argue with store policy. I wld have walked away and not make a fuss as well... i mean even if its stupid. You just take your business elsewhere..

slaam said:
its #2 so it was no trouble at all for them. and it was at the selection of photos to print stage so there was no passport cutter involved. the guy jus walked away and say then he didn't want to print anymore.
heh this is a bummer for me too cos I tot of printing photo-namecards (prob fit 4 in one 4R for the price of 25 cents per 4R which works out to ard 5.1 cents per card AND ITS PHOTO QUALITY! ...
haha darn.. oh well you can't argue with store policy. I wld have walked away and not make a fuss as well... i mean even if its stupid. You just take your business elsewhere..
Go to Colour Lab at Adelphi. I just love their colours.

Yeap, take your business elsewhere!

You can also tell them of this thread so they'll know their "bad policy" is now common knowledge in the photography world :)

First time I hear of a shop that refuses to print. Those wedding montages also can't be printed liao :p Anything which has been photoshopped as composites also can't be printed ;P

slaam said:

vince123123 said:

You can also tell them of this thread so they'll know their "bad policy" is now common knowledge in the photography world :)

First time I hear of a shop that refuses to print. Those wedding montages also can't be printed liao :p Anything which has been photoshopped as composites also can't be printed ;P
Yeah! Simply too bad for them!

vince123123 said:

haha
i did ask them in detail about their policy, the girl admits that its also a case by case basis, like if they 'images overlap' I have no idea wat she means but I guess wedding montages is fine. I suspect their clause is there specifically for passport photos...
but i prob wont print on KM paper for wedding anyway.. fuji paper supposedly archives better..

Status
Not open for further replies.