Photo critic

pass the spoon please...
say "ah"......... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

DSC_0084.jpg

It's amazing how seemingly well-educated people lose at least 50 or 60 IQ points when on a forum :)

Can anyone share with me on the 'appreciation' of a good photo? Is there a thread going on so that we can understand why a particular photo is very well taken.

There are two different aspects you need to keep in mind:
- Technical aspects (exposure, distortions, white balance etc)
- Intention / usage
Both are interlinked.
Pictures can be taken in many situations and circumstance for many various reasons. The appreciation will depend on that. Obviously, pictures for journalistic purposes have to follow different requirements than fashion shots or creative / experimental pictures.

Hi thank you for your response but I am referred to a url link to attach photo. My photo is in my hard disk so how to upload?

Actually click on the link called "Guide to posting images in clubsnap". It's a link. You click it. You read it.

I set up an account in Flickr and post my photo there. Then I attach photo using the http as directed. When I click preview, it only show the link but no photo.

I still proceed to post but somehow even my post didn't appear!!! :confused:

I set up an account in Flickr and post my photo there. Then I attach photo using the http as directed. When I click preview, it only show the link but no photo.
I still proceed to post but somehow even my post didn't appear!!! :confused:

There is a test corner. Play around there to see how it works. Read carefully, read again.

Hi thanks, somehow I got it posted. Not sure how it happen but it works!

Hi thanks, somehow I got it posted. Not sure how it happen but it works!
Click on the "Quote" button in your own posting. It will reveal the source code of the link. Check the syntax carefully. Not too difficult. Remember that you always need to point to a single image, thus the link must end with .jpg in order to point to a file. If it ends with a "/" you are pointing to a directory (e.g. in flickr). This will not work.