Photo Competition (A Pet for Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haiz ... the terms and regulation .........haiz ..... another debate waiting to happen only ....especially #13. All entries will not be returned. AVA shall have the ownership to all entries recieved and shall reserve the right to edit ,reproduce, publish or exhibit any entry or a modified version of it without requiring the permission of participants .... *shake head* an ultimate insult to the photographer for a petty prize of $500.

poohbear said:
Haiz ... the terms and regulation .........haiz ..... another debate waiting to happen only ....especially #13 .... *shake head*

great... AVA owns all rights to the images and reserve the right to use, manipulate etc.. them.. here we go again.... :rolleyes:

Seems like it's the in-thing nowadays for 'cheap' photography services. Wake up lah ~~! :thumbsd:

Isn't it an SOP now for all photography competitions? :rolleyes:

Can accept, take part. Cannot accept, don't take part. There are people who don't mind giving up the rights for a hit at the prize.

I think they are taking Sg photographer to be moron and cheapskate by including clause #13. Wonder if they consult anyone before putting up the terms and regulation or they just simply cut & paste from other similiar photo competition that happen recently.:think: Nice job done AVA ~~!

i think they should make it that they own the rights to those image that has been awarded ... i dont see any gd reason to own the rights for image that is not awarded thats means those that is not awarded the photographer cant use the image anymore ?

Ah Pao said:
Isn't it an SOP now for all photography competitions? :rolleyes:

Can accept, take part. Cannot accept, don't take part. There are people who don't mind giving up the rights for a hit at the prize.

for $500 ? haiz ....:cry:

S11loop said:
i think they should make it that they own the rights to those image that has been awarded ... i dont see any gd reason to own the rights for image that is not awarded thats means those that is not awarded the photographer cant use the image anymore ?

Spot on ~~!

#5 : Digital enhancement of images is allowed.

Put your watermark big big lor...

AReality said:
#5 : Digital enhancement of images is allowed.

Put your watermark big big lor...

hahah :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

poohbear said:
Haiz ... the terms and regulation .........haiz ..... another debate waiting to happen only ....especially #13. All entries will not be returned. AVA shall have the ownership to all entries recieved and shall reserve the right to edit ,reproduce, publish or exhibit any entry or a modified version of it without requiring the permission of participants .... *shake head* an ultimate insult to the photographer for a petty prize of $500.

Regarding this ownership thingy, did anybody read August Photoi’s editorial note by John Cosgrove??

hor ..... AVA more clever hor .... they can modify your pictures leh .... removing your water mark :D.

jeffhiew said:
Regarding this ownership thingy, did anybody read August Photoi’s editorial note by John Cosgrove??

yeah. JC wrote in his editorial that PhotoI will try to work with local organisers in coming out with T&Cs dat are more in-line with international standards... which goes to show how far behind singapore is lagging in this area. :rolleyes:

poohbear said:
hahah :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

hehehehe.... notice you relinqish all rights to them :D ... even with big big watermark, you cannot use that picture anymore :D.....

you all forgot 1 very important point.

15. AVA reserves the right to modify the rules and regulations as well as prizes without prior notice.

everything you read on their pdf file can be changed anytime they like, even the prizes!

ortega said:
you all forgot 1 very important point.

15. AVA reserves the right to modify the rules and regulations as well as prizes without prior notice.

everything you read on their pdf file can be changed anytime they like, even the prizes!

Yup :D ....

They can give you 1 pcs of expired 400 film as first prize for your Digital Camera, 1 pcs of expired 200 film as second prize and 1 pcs of 100 film as 3rd prize :D ....

LOL ..... The whole thing is tilted towards them, they have all the say :D

poohbear said:
Hmm?

Win liao take prize = they pay for ur photo.
Lose liao no prize = they use ur photo. U lugi.

So what does it mean? MAKE SURE U WIN!!!! GOGOGOGOGO.... :sweatsm:

Sorry, I very new to this rules and regulatulations and contests.

We must submit printed 8R photo to them. They have full rights to that photo that we submit, means they can do whatever they want to that photo that I submit right, eg, scan, photocopy, publish, etc?

Erm , does this also mean that I retain my full rights to my digital softcopy, cause I didn't submit that to them what, so i can do whatever i want with my softcopy digital image, like sell it to someone else.

Is this how it works? Newbie here, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Status
Not open for further replies.