photo cd data damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

yymun

Nov 23, 2003
tanglin
Visit site
Hi, please help!!:sweat: :sweat: is there anyone know how to retrieve damage cd data! my baby photos.

cheers

yymun said:
Hi, please help!!:sweat: :sweat: is there anyone know how to retrieve damage cd data! my baby photos.

cheers

At Sitex, saw someone selling some form of liquid to save scratched CDs. Claims that it can revive spoilt CDs/LDs etc.... Not sure if it can help your CD. Did not really look at it. Also saw the same thing at Chinatown....

any deep scratches on the CD? If no then mayb still got chance to recover some.

If you CDROM is still able to read the disc, try making a image backup and open the image from the pc.

hi guys, thank for advise! i have use the wrong phase not damage but corrupted, all data missing:sweat: :sweat:

oh in this case might be worst then damaged. Some lousy CDs will lost all data or becomes unreadable after sometime.

This is a article I found online
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116995,pg,8,00.asp

U can try those data recovery software and see if it can be recovered. Another method is to use other CD or DVD roms to try and read the disc.

First ensure that all the players are clean. It's amazing what a dirty lens or wobbly tray can do.

Secondly, it might help to try and read that disc in a higher-end player. Try several ... you might hit the jackpot.

Another wild idea is to copy the disc anyways ... and try reading it on different players.

Wish you all the best of luck. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.