Photo appear half affected!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d3d

Dec 15, 2003
Please help me!
Has anyone saw this kind of problem before?

The bottom half is tinted horizontally across or sometimes red across!

Please advise.

art2d3d said:
Please help me!

Please advise.

Film or digital??

art2d3d said:
Please help me!

Please advise.
your camera back leaking light?

Snoweagle said:
Possible too for film cams.
Yes, I was referring to film.

:bsmilie: okies...i think other than that and if it's really a film, also a possibility that the film is left too long to be developed so will turn colour at some parts. I've experienced that too when i first started out film photography back in the early 90s.

Snoweagle said:
:bsmilie: okies...i think other than that and if it's really a film, also a possibility that the film is left too long to be developed so will turn colour at some parts. I've experienced that too when i first started out film photography back in the early 90s.
Not quite likely unless the film can is leaking light also. That's why there is always an instruction that says "Load film under subdued lighting." Usually if film are kept too long, the colour cast should be uniform.

Can check the negatives to see if there is a darker tone across the whole stretch of film and if only a roll is affected or it is consistent. If only one roll is affected, try not to put film cans under bright sunlight. Best to keep them properly in the can and in a compartment of the camera bag. If all the rolls you shot are affected, check whether you have damaged the camera back, there should be some kind of a slot for the edges of the back to sit in to block out the light. If there is a window to show the film used, check the foam gasket to see if it seals tightly against the film can when the back is closed. If the camera back is dented, you will probably need to buy another one to replace it or send it to the service centre.

So far, I've been assuming it's film. If this is in the case of digital, just send the camera back for servicing, probably nothing much you can do.

lsisaxon said:
Not quite likely unless the film can is leaking light also. That's why there is always an instruction that says "Load film under subdued lighting." Usually if film are kept too long, the colour cast should be uniform.

Can check the negatives to see if there is a darker tone across the whole stretch of film and if only a roll is affected or it is consistent. If only one roll is affected, try not to put film cans under bright sunlight. Best to keep them properly in the can and in a compartment of the camera bag. If all the rolls you shot are affected, check whether you have damaged the camera back, there should be some kind of a slot for the edges of the back to sit in to block out the light. If there is a window to show the film used, check the foam gasket to see if it seals tightly against the film can when the back is closed. If the camera back is dented, you will probably need to buy another one to replace it or send it to the service centre.

So far, I've been assuming it's film. If this is in the case of digital, just send the camera back for servicing, probably nothing much you can do.

I also think it's film in this case cos if it's digital, might be the sensor issue.

I suppose when u open the camera back to load film, all those things inside especially the shutter curtain is best left untouched. Previously my pics going purplish too is because i left it for too long without developing them or maybe be some other reasons. Since then, everything's ok le.

ALL Wrong!

My EOS 10D!
Digital.

How to post photo on this page?
I'll show you all what I mean.

art2d3d said:
ALL Wrong!

My EOS 10D!
Digital.

Time to visit Harbourfront I guess.. you will need to upload your image to the gallery, then paste the img link here.

art2d3d said:
ALL Wrong!

My EOS 10D!
Digital.

Then as i've said earlier on...may be the sensor faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.