Photo Albums

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Was wondering if there is any good photo album printing shop that can be recommended by the pros out there?

what is your budget range? there are a lot of album maker range from cheap to very expensive...

If you need the best, look at Queensberry album

Hart

normally how much is the charge for slot in album? around 200 photos 4R?

question is how much can you charge?

You don't ask how others price their albums, take their price as your price is not realistic, they can make a profit with the price, but may be not work for you,

you spend time post process the images, short list them, send them out for printing, doing QC, arrange and slot into the album, how much efforts you put in and how are you going to price these?
and is your album are custom made or just buy any off the shelf?

anyway, you sell more than $1 above your cost is call making money,

you sell at a price which covers all your equipments, materials, fix and variable expenses, wages, insurance, and still have surplus, that is call making profits.

I remember this small realization I had several years back.

In a busy period both work and private life, I spend time coressponding with the client the choice of photos, ding dong ding dong delay here and there, then i pull out those selected image numbers, probably spent probably 3 hours already. THEN, I travelled to the pro lab, drop off my disc and went for another job. 1 hours gone. Next day, travelled to the lab (30 mins), collected the prints (480 pieces of 4R), and sat at a corner table of the lab slotting 4R prints into albums. Trying to do as fast as possible, without care for arrangement or alignment, I took 1.5 hours, feeling like a factory worker in a production line. Arranged to meet client, deliver, took another 2 hours. 8 total hours spent in just doing such a seemingly easy task.

Is this the most productive chore for my business? If I am shooting how much I would had earned instead? If I am prospecting what kind of clients I can reach out to?

Thus this is why the cost of the simple 4R album is high to me, it's beyond material cost. A calculative cheapo client will be comparing your price versus lab price, thus I want to price it high enough that they don't hassle me for that and if they do, it's worth my time.

Last edited:
thanks to bro Jason for providing an example,

mackie8, you take this for formula to apply.

480pcs of 4R, cost about $168.00 (@$0.35 per pie)
album plus refil pages, cost $50.00

average product mark up is 300%, to cover wastage, damage, reject, storage etc, so material cost this of 480 x 4R slot in album, alone, is $654.00,

that is before adding wagers, example here is 8 hours spent from short listing images till complete the album ready for collection, so how much you want to price your wagers for 8 hours?

on top of this, you only cover the cost of materials, and your salary for making this album, you didn't make any profit for making this album yet, how much profit you intend to make? add that into final selling price.

Last edited:
thanks to bro Jason for providing an example,

mackie8, you take this for formula to apply.

480pcs of 4R, cost about $168.00 (@$0.35 per pie)
album plus refil pages, cost $50.00

average product mark up is 300%, to cover wastage, damage, reject, storage etc, so material cost this of 480 x 4R slot in album, alone, is $654.00,

that is before adding wagers, example here is 8 hours spent from short listing images till complete the album ready for collection, so how much you want to price your wagers for 8 hours?

on top of this, you only cover the cost of materials, and your salary for making this album, you didn't make any profit for making this album yet, how much profit you intend to make? add that into final selling price.

To be honest, the number of hours spend on your job should be a consideration in price but clients wont care about that and that justification won't be enough for you to charge higher. You will lose job quoting high for being inefficient.

For a successful business, u need to be a lot more efficient.

A cost of your overal service should reflect the value of what you offer to clients. It's crazy to sell a slot in album for $600+ dollars as client can do so a lot cheaper. If u sell a product that clients can do themselves you won't be able to sell it.

Hart

That's right, it does not justify your time and efforts.
You can let your kaki do it, and you use your time and effort on areas that can make more money.

which printing shop you recommend ? normally how long before i can get the album?

which printing shop you recommend ? normally how long before i can get the album?

For most shops, if you print in the morning, in the afternoon or evening you can get the pics. Print in the afternoon, then next day get pics. You want fast, you pay more.

How fast get the album? Just buy it off the shelves at the lab, pay and you get it immediately, but its empty and you slot in the prints yourself.

Hi, if you are looking at 4R size album, I may have some leads. PM me your contact.

Good day Everyone,

Kindly visit
our Website Glory Workz Premium Photo Albums + Books
; Facebook Page Glory Workz Premium Album + Book - Singapore, Singapore - Product/Service | Facebook
and our Showroom is at 3 coleman street #04-33 (Peninsula Shopping Centre - Besides Funan IT Mall), we are happy to assist you. We have a very wide range of albums, books, slip in album for 300-400 4R photos, photo boxes, queens* style matted album,etc.

Our latest product Sept 2012 - Spot UV Photo Book - the first and only Spot UV Photo Book in Singapore!

we will be happy to assist you to customize any album/ book design you can find or sketch.

Cheers :)

Last edited: