Photo Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
eikin said:
As for contingency plan we are quite restricted to move to new locations as the permits are issued to us based on location proposals.

ok, some knowledge to share with everyone, the licence and permit are required because we are conducting the activity of photo-shooting in a public space to raise money. in any case that the photo-shooting cannot take place due to horrendous weather etc., we will still be able to ask for donations with the tins we are holding as they are signed out from a registered charity organisation.

If you meant we are not allowed to move off to else where for donations due to rain, what makes you think that there will still be tourist/locals coming to the Merlion for you to push you tin cans to?

At the bare minimum, we must be able to move to housefly/durian building, where crowds are still possible.

Let me see what I can arrange with PAYM for your contingency.

Goondoo said:
If you meant we are not allowed to move off to else where for donations due to rain, what makes you think that there will still be tourist/locals coming to the Merlion for you to push you tin cans to?

At the bare minimum, we must be able to move to housefly/durian building, where crowds are still possible.

Let me see what I can arrange with PAYM for your contingency.

oh don't get me wrong, what i am saying is that if we cannot shoot we can go other places to get donations, just that no shooting cause no licence to conduct shooting in other places mah

let me add one point ... end of the day we need to get money for those who are suffering, if we cannot do the photoshooting due to bad weather, we'll go around to ask like flag day lah :)

we can still take pics of chio bus donating money into our donation tins, den we can ask for their number & email address so that we can contact them to pass them the prints or the soft copy... cool rite!!!

I'm not sure bout this pc of info. I think this Sat nite maybe official lighting up of Chinatown for CNY. So mebbe another place to consider.

niterider said:
I'm not sure bout this pc of info. I think this Sat nite maybe official lighting up of Chinatown for CNY. So mebbe another place to consider.

thanks for the information! we have actually considered Chinatown during initial stage of organisation, but there're problems with good shooting location for tourists and crowd control is an issue. in any case thanks for contributing your idea :)

I'll have to return to camp to check schedules before I can confirm my timing. So sorry for the delay.

Del_CtrlnoAlt: Don't really need to worry about the photography skills, although i'm pretty cr@p photog as well. But I see that it's most likely fix location with rather consitant lighting, so shouldn't be a problem.

in fact I thinkthat even p&s cameras can do the trick with their programme modes.
Will need fill-in flash.

I just remembered another issue.

Assuming that all the cash to go in to the tin cans, anyone is going to bring enough small notes as change on the 2 days? You will not be aable to get the smaller notes from the tin cans already inside....

Goondoo said:

Assuming that all the cash to go in to the tin cans, anyone is going to bring enough small notes as change on the 2 days? You will not be aable to get the smaller notes from the tin cans already inside....
nice 1, tats the biggest challenge i believe...

on 1 hand we can ask them to just donate watever amount they think they can afford, for eg, 5 bucks for a pic, or 20 bucks for 2 pics etc, but den u may see some cheapskate who will come & wanna donate 1 buck & want 20 pics...

den when u have a minimum or a fix price, its kinda hard like you have said, collection of the money... like some would bring 50 bucks den we like charge 5 bucks per pic, den how 2 give him back 45 bucks change? unless there is 1 who have plenty of money there to offer to reduce to smaller notes...

if we ask them to just pay to us, den sometimes they might suspect us of using donation as a motive to earn a fast 1...

i think the best bet would be setting up a minimum price for the service, and then with a big banner, no change returns... so if they have 50 bucks, either they take 10 fotos, or their extra 45 bucks go into the bin...

another issue is, are we going to 'take' the money, den fold it & dump into the box, or are we going to ask them to fold themselves? cos its super subjective matter, if the guy dumps himself, without the supervision & later says that he have dumped 50 bucks & hope to take 10 shots... den it would be a big problem...

but either way, there is sure alot of kind soul, as much as sometimes we might see some trying to rip ppl around... so whoever manning the registration site, keep a lookout...

Goondoo said:

the plan is for a minimum donation of 5 SGD for a photo and a print
they can donate more if they wish to, that will remove the headache of change, don't forget that the tourist will come to the merlion by the busload and will not be alone, so I say let them work out the change among themselves, if there are prople who can speak the various languages please highlight it to us, Thanks for the support.

ortega said:
the plan is for a minimum donation of 5 SGD for a photo and a print
they can donate more if they wish to, that will remove the headache of change, don't forget that the tourist will come to the merlion by the busload and will not be alone, so I say let them work out the change among themselves, if there are prople who can speak the various languages please highlight it to us, Thanks for the support.

i know how to speak chinese to save myself from drowning... :bsmilie:

really bad at languages...

btw have u guys liased with those tour guides already? is the event starting this weekend?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i know how to speak chinese to save myself from drowning... :bsmilie:

really bad at languages...

btw have u guys liased with those tour guides already? is the event starting this weekend?

YES it is starting this weekend, ironing out all the loose ends now. :)

Just to announce, I have collected the police licence this morning.

For those who have volunteered already I've got poohbear to help sort out the manpower (Thanks poohbear! :thumbsup: ) will email everyone by Wednesday for those who need to come for trial run, for others who do not get Wednesday's email please don't panic, we will inform you on Thursday or Friday as you will be assigned more general tasks not requiring trial runs. Again the trial runs will be for Photographers and DIs only because the studio space available will not be big enough to hold too many people.

eikin said:
YES it is starting this weekend, ironing out all the loose ends now. :)

Just to announce, I have collected the police licence this morning.

For those who have volunteered already I've got poohbear to help sort out the manpower (Thanks poohbear! :thumbsup: ) will email everyone by Wednesday for those who need to come for trial run, for others who do not get Wednesday's email please don't panic, we will inform you on Thursday or Friday as you will be assigned more general tasks not requiring trial runs. Again the trial runs will be for Photographers and DIs only because the studio space available will not be big enough to hold too many people.

I am buying a Tamron 28-70mm.... might be able to join you guys after all :D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
we can still take pics of chio bus donating money into our donation tins, den we can ask for their number & email address so that we can contact them to pass them the prints or the soft copy... cool rite!!!

i'm sure SBS and TIBS would be happy that someone is photographing their chio bus .... :bsmilie: jus joking and relieve some stress we facing around haha

poohbear said:
i'm sure SBS and TIBS would be happy that someone is photographing their chio bus .... :bsmilie: jus joking and relieve some stress we facing around haha

:bsmilie:

ok, just want to pop in and tell everyone working on this that everyone has done a great job so far. thank you and let's keep our spirits high, there's still more work to be done :)

Everything is falling into place and we will be ready for this weekend.
Don't forget to pray for clear skys.

wynx said:
:cool: Think I will go support Goondu and you guys. Yes, we can all donate money but what you guys are really out of the way...Great..

Hope to meet you warm hearted clubsnappers then! :cool:

see you there!

Announcement

I just emailed all volunteers coming down for the first weekend 15 and 16 Jan. Please check your email for details. For volunteers on second and third weekends we will contact you at a later time as everyone's quite busy these few days, I ask for your kind understanding :)

If I missed out anyone please contact me directly at go.eikin@gmail.com

Currently we have on average 14 volunteers at all time for this weekend, still have place for one or two more, first day will be quite crucial also so more help will always be welcomed.

OK everyone, this is the final leg before the thing kicks off, let's keep our spirits high. Also, thank you all so much for the support! And this is a great team to work with!

Status
Not open for further replies.