Photo Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
logo01.jpg

PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST POST (i.e. here) FOR UPDATES AND ESSENTIAL INFORMATION!

Information on this charity project (updated 18 Jan 2005)

1. Activity – Fund Raising Mechanism

We will provide the service of helping individuals or groups of people to take portraiture photograph. For every photograph print made for the individuals or people, donations will be collected from them. A minimum of S$5/- donations will be collected from the individual or group of people for every successful print.

2. Locations

We will conduct the above-mentioned activity at:

a. The Merlion Park. At the platform extended from the bank of Singapore River.

map3.jpg

3. Collection of Donations

We will sign out donation containers from the Singapore Salvation Army. All donations must be dropped into the containers. These containers will be returned to the Singapore Salvation Army at the end of the charity drive.

4. Period of Activity

We planned to hold this activity over three weekends:

Weekend One: from 150105 to 160105
Weekend Two: from 220105 to 230105
Weekend Three: from 290105 to 300105

This activity will be conducted from 0900 hours to 2100 hours daily on the indicated dates.

location3.jpg

Manpower deployment:

Shooting Point (minimum per group)

2 x Photographers (1 handle individual shots with wireless networking, 1 handle group shots with CF cards)

1 x Network helper (to station with notebook to conduct wireless transfer of photograph image files)

2 or more donation collectors and helpers

Printing Point (minimum per group)

2 x DI (1 on workstation handling individual prints, 1 on notebook handling group prints)

2 x printing helpers (each handling 2 printers, recording of photographs issued and ensuring smooth running of printers)

2 or more helpers handling crowd control

For the above plan, ideally we need 3 groups of volunteers at any one time. Group 1 operating, Group 2 standby, Group 3 resting.

To sign up as a volunteer, email to go.eikin@gmail.com with the following information:

1. Name

2. Contact number

3. number of additional friends you are coming with

4. date and time that you can volunteer (for time as much as possible in blocks of 4 hours, i.e. 9am to 1pm, 1pm to 5pm, 5pm to 9pm)

5. area of responsibility (Photographer, D.I. for post-processing or Helpers to handle wireless transfer, printing or crowd control)
a. photographers please indicate the type of equipment you are using
b. D.I. will be using photoshop as the post-processing software

NOTE! please do not PM me via CS as i will be away till 29 Jan morning.

SPECIAL THANKS

special thanks to ClubSnap Admin for making this thread a sticky :thumbsup:

special thanks to Sulhan, his wife and his sister for sponsoring our Weekend One meals. we will be getting meals for Weekend Two and Three from them at a subsidised rate as well. (yum! yum!)

Thanks and Regards,

Eikin.

LATEST IMPORTANT MESSAGES

1. ok everyone, the core group has met and decided that it will not be necessary to conduct another training and briefing session as we will be able to handle the manpower distribution on site. so NO MEETING before the actual day charity drive. Those coming for the morning shift or full day shift please be at the Merlion Park by 8.00 am.

poohbear will be contacting all the volunteers from now on. please give him your full support as he is busy with work as well. he needs to confirm with all volunteers of the time you will be on site to help. he will be calling every volunteer, but please help to save time and effort by emailling to the same email address, go.eikin@gmail.com, your confirmed timing.

he has full access to my email and CS accounts to make necessary arrangements and announcement.

2. on top of that, we have quite abit of fun with the lots of OTs over the last 2 days, i think it's time to be mindful and respect CS admin's support for this thread as they have made this a sticky. (thanks to CS admin once again! ) so please refrain from OTs (equipment talk, personal jokes etc. they can be discussed in other threads) from now. there's a time to be playful and a time to be serious, we have an important task ahead and let's work together with high spirits and not dilute the team spirit that is starting to build up.

I'll be away till 29 Jan for school work and I feel really bad to leave the task now. I hope this will not have any negative affect, in fact I hope that the rest of the team coordinating will do a much much better job, I am sure of that. keep up the good work everyone! we are doing great!

For those who have doubt or questions about us or this charity project , we welcome you to join us on this coming Thursday in the evening at one of our members studio. Hop on this project and enjoy meeting new friends and doing a part for the charity at the same time. Do note we need a lot of support from fellow Cser for all this to be happening. Enjoy a weekend helping out with your families and friends :bsmilie:

this is how i am collating the information:

example.jpg

volunteers please provide me the relevant information, thanks!

if you (the Volunteer) is acting as the representative of your friends and/or family, i just need your information, but give me the number of people coming with you. in case they are coming at a day and time different from yours, please give me their contact details, thanks! :)

Hi everyone, went back to go through the old thread and found that i left out some members, i have updated the list here:

Amigo
catchlights
chaotic
Del_CtrlnoAlt
distagon
eikin
ellery
evq
Flare
glensky
HotSpots
Irene
litechaser
Nikon_user
ortega
pinkipod
poohbear
Sjourn
squalle
SnapSnap
snowspeeder
Splutter
Wai
Yanzai
yqt
zhangyb
arowana (tentative)

a number has not given me your email and contact number and indicate the date and time you are free, hope i can compile this by Tuesday so that i can inform everyone of Thursday's training and briefing details. please update me of anything i missed out or any mistakes as well, again volunteers can sign up and contact me at go.eikin@gmail.com for this event, cheers!

Don't be shy CSers....hope you can but if you can't volunteer, also please show support by going there with family and friends to donate. This would really encourage your fellow club members there sweating,........:)

There is nothing in it for us, we do it because we should. :angel:

i dunno which area i am 'good' at... can i be photographer if there isn't much photographers, and be a helper if a photographer is around?

btw should i send some portfolio pics to ya to qualify?

no portfolio needed, we need simple tourist shot for composition and slow sync flash for night. We can provide training.

Go go go

Join Join Join

Ups for the morning ,

One thing i wish to comment , we don't do this because we stand to gain anything , in fact most of us even fork out money (nt to mention the time and effort) for the usage of the power source there and other misc. logistic . Some of you would ask , why not just donate money and save all the hassle ? Ya well .. we could do that.... but the primary objective of this charity project is to target at the tourist who knew abt the tragic incident but do not have the channel to make donation.

We are safe and sound in singapore with our families.....but sad to say , some lost their parents at such tender age and would've to fend for themselves for the rest of the childhood. (Pls refer to recent newspaper report on child kidnapping and rape cases in the various affected areas).

We can do our part to help , even at the end of the day if the amount is not as ideal , at least I can tell myself that i tried to help instead of just spending another weekend doing nothing.

No matter what you can contribute , so long u have the heart to help out , we welcome you . Pls contact go.eikin@gmail.com and leave your particulars to him and we will contact you shortly.

P/S: Just my thoughts , Life is not just all ups , sometimes we may go down too.

ya poohbear i damn agree with ya... u see those who perform around orchard area getting donations, like violin & such, most of us do have the money to give, but seriously, y not utilise our skills & the equipment to help more ppl? we dun stand to lose ya know... besides, it also let us learn more things in the process...

Updated list

Amigo
catchlights
chaotic
Del_CtrlnoAlt
distagon
eikin
ellery
evq
Flare
glensky
HotSpots
Irene
litechaser
Nikon_user
ortega
pinkipod
poohbear
Sjourn
squalle
SnapSnap
snowspeeder
Splutter
Wai
Yanzai
yqt
zhangyb
arowana (tentative)
wormz777

wormz777 said:
Updated list

Amigo
catchlights
chaotic
Del_CtrlnoAlt
distagon
eikin
ellery
evq
Flare
glensky
HotSpots
Irene
litechaser
Nikon_user
ortega
pinkipod
poohbear
Sjourn
squalle
SnapSnap
snowspeeder
Splutter
Wai
Yanzai
yqt
zhangyb
arowana (tentative)
wormz777

Upz for you guys

Hi Yongqin,
As you are aware, I am still sorting for sponsors for my fund raising event. If that fall out, unlikely we can afford the S$2000 for the prints and might be force to call off my part. However, I will try to convince my volunteers to atleast help up with your logistic. Camera wise, I have a 300D but I dun have a good lense for portraits. I have a Oly C-5060 too and dunno how much it could help. I have a cheap tripod too, tell me what you need. Oh, I have a multi card reader too if you need.

Billy

Goondoo said:
Upz for you guys

Hi Yongqin,
As you are aware, I am still sorting for sponsors for my fund raising event. If that fall out, unlikely we can afford the S$2000 for the prints and might be force to call off my part. However, I will try to convince my volunteers to atleast help up with your logistic. Camera wise, I have a 300D but I dun have a good lense for portraits. I have a Oly C-5060 too and dunno how much it could help. I have a cheap tripod too, tell me what you need. Oh, I have a multi card reader too if you need.

Billy

Guys,
After so much work and efforts, please do enough contingency plannings. I hate to see the whole thing cancelled due to rain what so ever. Can we have everything move to a MRT stations like City Hall etc where there are crowds etc? Especially with the unpredictable weathers recently.

guys, just asking, u guys using which lens for the portrait? since someone brought it up... if i'm the photographer, i should bring which lens?

btw, are there tents? can't work under the sun right?

lastly, do u guys need a van to transport the stuff? i can offer to drive them if u dun mind...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
guys, just asking, u guys using which lens for the portrait? since someone brought it up... if i'm the photographer, i should bring which lens?

btw, are there tents? can't work under the sun right?

lastly, do u guys need a van to transport the stuff? i can offer to drive them if u dun mind...

You da man :thumbsup:
Noticed that you have been doing all you can for the effort.

:cheergal:

ok, just pop in after classes ...

Goondoo, thanks alot so much for being so forthcoming, feel free to give my email address to anyone who wish to volunteer from your side, i will see what advises i can get for you from the group regarding your project, it is not impossible, but like this one you have to have a team of people committed to make it run. will email you tonight or tomorrow morning.

As for contingency plan we are quite restricted to move to new locations as the permits are issued to us based on location proposals.

ok, some knowledge to share with everyone, the licence and permit are required because we are conducting the activity of photo-shooting in a public space to raise money. in any case that the photo-shooting cannot take place due to horrendous weather etc., we will still be able to ask for donations with the tins we are holding as they are signed out from a registered charity organisation.

hey Del_CtrlnoAlt, so helpful of you! can give me your email (or just email me) so that i can inform you of information working within the organising members? thanks again!

and with regards to the briefing and training session, we will conduct the trial run for photographers and D.I.s and do the briefing either online here, if not we will meet the Weekend One volunteers on the site itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.