Photo A by camera B

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Starting this thread out of curiosity. Why is it nowdays, we see lots of photo posting with titles indicating what camera (or sometimes lens) was used to take it? For example ... 'Sentosa pics with Nikon D123' ...

Flame me if you want to ... but I'm just curious ... is there such a need? :dunno:

to show that their camera and lenses can kill others flat flat?

why not?

I'm looking at buying the D70 and have compared many pics of 300D against D70 before making up my mind to it. Not to say that D70 produced better pics by looking at it but at least I know the D70 with kit lens does produce decent pics.

It's just additional knowledge for me. It's just like posting the exif details for others to learn about the settings to create a certain scene. Those who needs it will value them. Those who doesn't need it ignores it.

:D

yanyewkay said:
why not?

I'm looking at buying the D70 and have compared many pics of 300D against D70 before making up my mind to it. Not to say that D70 produced better pics by looking at it but at least I know the D70 with kit lens does produce decent pics.

It's just additional knowledge for me. It's just like posting the exif details for others to learn about the settings to create a certain scene. Those who needs it will value them. Those who doesn't need it ignores it.

:D

:bsmilie: ok ok don't get me wrong. we are not debating about 'why yes' or 'why not' ...

agree that exif info are good, especially for people like me who is learning. but what i am curious is ... why need to specify the camera model/lens model on the title. why not specify in the thread itself (together with the exif info etc)?

:embrass: curious lor ...

renegade said:
:bsmilie: ok ok don't get me wrong. we are not debating about 'why yes' or 'why not' ...

agree that exif info are good, especially for people like me who is learning. but what i am curious is ... why need to specify the camera model/lens model on the title. why not specify in the thread itself (together with the exif info etc)?

Haha..some ppl even list out their equipment under their signature (even complete with flash, filters, tripod, blowers, bags and etc) !!! :dunno:
Is there a need also?

renegade said:

oh.. kekek :bsmilie: well maybe they just want people to know their set up.
If I posted a thread saying "Star Trails with Canon A200" or "Infrared with Poloroid" maybe people will be attracted to look at it. :bsmilie:

If I had an L lens and took great pictures with it I will also post it in the topic! ahhaah typical sg show off? ;p

XXX Boy said:
Haha..some ppl even list out their equipment under their signature (even complete with flash, filters, tripod, blowers, bags and etc) !!! :dunno:
Is there a need also?
hahah... that just makes me laugh... :bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
oh.. kekek :bsmilie: well maybe they just want people to know their set up.
If I posted a thread saying "Star Trails with Canon A200" or "Infrared with Poloroid" maybe people will be attracted to look at it. :bsmilie:

If I had an L lens and took great pictures with it I will also post it in the topic! ahhaah typical sg show off? ;p

oh. so it's more like to attract hits huh? ok. that's one reason. any other?

btw, this reply was typed using a microsoft keyboard :bsmilie:

XXX Boy said:
Haha..some ppl even list out their equipment under their signature (even complete with flash, filters, tripod, blowers, bags and etc) !!!
Is there a need also?

not all lah ... some put a list of toilet bowls under their signature ... ;p

Next time they should type this under their pictures :

Camera used = Nikon D2H
Lens = Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
Filtered by = B+W UV 52mm filter
Supported by = Gitzo tripod with Gitzo ballhead
Contained by = Domke F2 Sand colored canvas
Blower used = A*F swiss made blower (blue) + lens pen

So tat the whole world knows what he/she is using (isn't that the intention planned??)!

XXX Boy said:

Camera used = Nikon D2H
Lens = Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
Supported by = Gitzo tripod

So tat the whole world knows what he/she is using (isn't that the intention planned??)!

:bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: u r 1 funny fella :sweatsm:

131232.jpg

This photo was taken with:-
A camera with
a lens
not too fast
at f/something
on a bipod
from 5 paces
Knock your self out :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

XXX Boy said:

Camera used = Nikon D2H
Lens = Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
Supported by = Gitzo tripod with Gitzo ballhead
Blower used = A*F swiss made blower (blue) + lens pen

Alamak, how can you forget to list down the Rodenstock lint free lens cleaning cloth?

On a less serious note, I do find the list useful esp when a comment or experience is posted. Without knowing what exactly the equipment was used, the post can be less interesting as well as less informative.

renegade said:
Starting this thread out of curiosity. Why is it nowdays, we see lots of photo posting with titles indicating what camera (or sometimes lens) was used to take it? For example ... 'Sentosa pics with Nikon D123' ...

Flame me if you want to ... but I'm just curious ... is there such a need? :dunno:

not only camera, lens but also film type and the "soup" that develops it.

more info is good!

maybe cross-processed soup? kambing teh or soup bak kut ?

Pablo said:
131232.jpg

This photo was taken with:-
A camera with
a lens
not too fast
at f/something
on a bipod
from 5 paces
Knock your self out :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Good one Pablo:bsmilie:

renegade said:
:bsmilie: soup kambing ... or ... bak kut teh soup better?

Every secret you also want to know - ok lah, if you want the pics to be really outstanding, add into the soup ....tongkat ali. Sure boleh.

tOGGY said:
Every secret you also want to know - ok lah, if you want the pics to be really outstanding, add into the soup ....tongkat ali. Sure boleh.

ya ka? don't con me! :kok: that's for the monopod lah! :bsmilie:

renegade said:

personal preference lah....

i'm too lazy, so just have a title and a pic, nothing else.

Maybe they are anticipating comments/questions on what equipment used. So they offer the information in the title, which cuts down on the needless posting and thus keeping the page reloading speed respectable.

Just a theory. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.