Phone Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
My N7250i which is 2 years old seems to be problematic on using the keypad now, after I alighted from the plane in HK, I've blistered my thumb typing SMSes as I need to press very hard on certain regular keys (like space, 0, backspace, hex) etc.

Now I don't know what I should change to.

I've been wanting an O2 Mini for long time now, but wondering if I should take the plunge. Also the K800i got my attention too, at the same price with O2 Mini however.

I'm not a fan of odd shaped phones and keypad designs, still quite suckered to Nokia's design at this point of time.

Any good suggestions?

nikonsiao said:
swipe a D2X.....
*NS hides*
ns :kok: Hellow.. D3X is the one with mobile phone built in, not D2X :nono:

espn said:
I'm not a fan of odd shaped phones and keypad designs

Any good suggestions?

O2 mini will fit the bill ~ no keypad design to worry about :think: :think:

how about k750i? i find the design quite simple and nice.

Don't like the O2 mini cause always need to use stylus.

zaxh81 said:
how about k750i? i find the design quite simple and nice.

Don't like the O2 mini cause always need to use stylus.

for sms, there is always the Phone Pad. works just like the usual phone keypad ;p ;p

Burger, hmm the design makes me gian for it, I'm a sucker for well designed phones and items. :bsmilie:

Knight is the phone out yet?

Zahx81: My sis is using the 750i, but thought the 800i got more features (wi-fi, etc) so was leaning on the 800i.

togu :kok: :nono:

the 7250 problem is due to software. no point updating it. i sent mine to nokia centre twice and still didn't work. they updated software and changed keypad panel and problem still persists. traded in for a SEk700i...and the migration was pretty easy.

W800i is a mp3 player with 15~20 hrs playback. price is steep...S$800 without contract.

espn said:
My N7250i which is 2 years old seems to be problematic on using the keypad now, after I alighted from the plane in HK, I've blistered my thumb typing SMSes as I need to press very hard on certain regular keys (like space, 0, backspace, hex) etc.

Now I don't know what I should change to.

I've been wanting an O2 Mini for long time now, but wondering if I should take the plunge. Also the K800i got my attention too, at the same price with O2 Mini however.

I'm not a fan of odd shaped phones and keypad designs, still quite suckered to Nokia's design at this point of time.

Any good suggestions?

espn said:
Burger, hmm the design makes me gian for it, I'm a sucker for well designed phones and items. :bsmilie:

Knight is the phone out yet?

Zahx81: My sis is using the 750i, but thought the 800i got more features (wi-fi, etc) so was leaning on the 800i.

togu :kok: :nono:

800i got wi-fi?
Do u mean SE W800i or other brands? :think:
From wat I know it's a walkman phone which does not hve wi-fi. :nono:

just wondering..

can you type sms with one hand with the o2 mini ?

loudhailer said:
the 7250 problem is due to software. no point updating it. i sent mine to nokia centre twice and still didn't work. they updated software and changed keypad panel and problem still persists. traded in for a SEk700i...and the migration was pretty easy.

W800i is a mp3 player with 15~20 hrs playback. price is steep...S$800 without contract.
a lens costs > $1k easily and you don't use your lens as often as the phone. I'll say $800 is good price :bsmilie:

Physical-Graffiti said:
just wondering..

can you type sms with one hand with the o2 mini ?

yes, i would like to know too.
i think it would be more heavy on the pocket,especially for me who like to just slip it into my jeans pocket.

loudhailer said:

I oreidi, had it fixed once, whilst it was still under warranty. Sheesh. Now the problem is back. So now looking for new phone lor :(

WoLoh said:
800i got wi-fi?
Do u mean SE W800i or other brands? :think:
From wat I know it's a walkman phone which does not hve wi-fi. :nono:
IIRC It does, yeah the SE W800i?

yanyewkay said:
a lens costs > $1k easily and you don't use your lens as often as the phone. I'll say $800 is good price
Hahah... I hardly use the phone either. ;)

espn said:
I oreidi, had it fixed once, whilst it was still under warranty. Sheesh. Now the problem is back. So now looking for new phone lor :(

IIRC It does, yeah the SE W800i?

Hahah... I hardly use the phone either. ;)

So u got SE W800i or thinking of getting it?
Sorry I'm getting more gong nowadays..
Perhaps hair too short.. :bsmilie:

Eh, I not going to dump my mini for the mp3 functionality on 800i :sticktong

I still thinking should I get PDA phone so I can dump my PDA at the same time :bsmilie:

Get o2 (not the mini) use it as PDA and BT when you use the phone function.

mini is like looking thru a DX VF vs a FF VF.... not really good for eyes for PDA function.

Status
Not open for further replies.