philips 240pw9eb lcd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bezel looks huge...

but at 700, think alot cheaper than dell's 2408, but minus the hdmi svideo component etc feature...

probably for those using it only for pc.

I just got this 24" IPS Monitor @ 739.
Great colors and price ... :)

Yup IPS Panel ..quite affordable for a hobbyist and not a pro user.
- Launch price was 800+ but coz of economy they decided to drop it to 739 -> This is what the Philips salesman said.
- Does not look as nice as samsung etc... however it sits at home so I don't mind the design.
Those keen
- There is a philips display booth at level 3 or 4 of SLS.
- Test and see the monitor there.
- They will direct you to Fuwell if you decide to buy.
- Cost $739
- No freebies :(

Drawback .. abit big ...must sit further away :bsmilie:

Yup IPS Panel ..quite affordable for a hobbyist and not a pro user.
- Launch price was 800+ but coz of economy they decided to drop it to 739 -> This is what the Philips salesman said.
- Does not look as nice as samsung etc... however it sits at home so I don't mind the design.
Those keen
- There is a philips display booth at level 3 or 4 of SLS.
- Test and see the monitor there.
- They will direct you to Fuwell if you decide to buy.
- Cost $739
- No freebies :(

Drawback .. abit big ...must sit further away :bsmilie:

btw, saw on potterhouse online that there is built in speakers, is it there?

i'm thinking of stacking 2 together, 1 on top of another, so i'm looking for thin bezel, hopefully white, cos match my layout... not those ivory white, but like those samsung kinda porcelain white...

probably will put top as 180 degree inverted... must go SLS see...

I manage to try it out at SLS last week during launch. Looks very promising for editing work. Pretty good looking too considering it's from philips.

btw, saw on potterhouse online that there is built in speakers, is it there?

i'm thinking of stacking 2 together, 1 on top of another, so i'm looking for thin bezel, hopefully white, cos match my layout... not those ivory white, but like those samsung kinda porcelain white...

probably will put top as 180 degree inverted... must go SLS see...

Isit ? Never opened the manual to read if there are speakers ... :p

Effective viewing area 518.4 mm x 324 mm
Set Width 559 mm
Set Height 381 mm
Set Depth 75 mm

wah... 40mm width, divide by 2 = 20mm...
57mm, estimate 25mm height, if heng, 20mm on top too... so stack 2, 40mm distance... kinda jialat...

depth 75mm, lucky the vesa mount is 100x100, not 100x200 like other monitors i looking at, which cannot mount on the dual monitor mount.

bezel too big la.

quite a turn off leh, when u put 2 side by side.

Hi, since you guys are talking about monitors.
Is this worth getting?
You feedback is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Dell 24 inch monitor

dunno leh, read up IPS better than PVA which the Dell is, then dell is more ex but got more features like HDMI, Svid, component, etc... philips only DVI & VGA which i only use DVI...

so i'm more interested into getting philips now, cos can't find the HP one, which is the same philips panel with hdmi, and other connections, thinner bezel too...

dunno leh, read up IPS better than PVA which the Dell is, then dell is more ex but got more features like HDMI, Svid, component, etc... philips only DVI & VGA which i only use DVI...

so i'm more interested into getting philips now, cos can't find the HP one, which is the same philips panel with hdmi, and other connections, thinner bezel too...

Thanks for the input....my intention to get the monitor to pair with my new rig at the end of the year. Most probably will be running HDMI videos more often. The extra inputs from the monitor will assist me in one point or other. Most probably will be more affordable to me if I pay through installment. :think:

I have a 22" wide screen philips LCD, not HDMI, see if you are interested. :)

You guys put 2 side by side to what kinda work? Video editing?

Serious work

bill-gates-desk.jpg

Some of the microsoft chappies use 4 or more with SLi / Crossfire connections

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.