Philippines flood crisis:

Status
Not open for further replies.

billycadiz

Oct 3, 2008
From Yahoo news:

Philippine flood crisis deepens, death toll at 240.

MANILA (AFP) - – Hundreds of thousands of exhausted Philippine flood survivors crowded into schools, gymnasiums and other makeshift shelters on Tuesday, as the death toll from the weekend disaster soared to 240.

"We need clothing, food supplies, food rations and medicine."

The government announced early Tuesday that nearly 375,000 survivors of the devastating rains unleashed by tropical storm Ketsana on Saturday were sheltering in the more than 600 centres.

The United States, Japan, Vietnam, Singapore and UN agencies were among the nations or organisations to have given aid.

Click for the rest of the news.. http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20090928/tap-philippines-floods-5cc1ef8.html

From BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8277069.stm

Some related videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIYhLVAQ1E

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

On behalf of all my countrymen, I would like to ask some donations upon this matter. This burden is massive that our government is down on it's knees again. We appreciate all things from canned goods to used clothes. Please drop by @ LBC and i-Remit Singapore donations to the Philippine Red Cross. Their offices are located at the 3/F of Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road. Another drop off point for relief goods is at Afreight Cargo, #03-09 Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road. Contact Person: Maureen Schepers, 6235-1011/91117855.

We are thanking you all in advance.:)

Your prayers will keep them alive.

Godbless to us all!!

PS: To Mods: Please delete this if its an inaapropriate posting.Thanks.

Thxs for the information....

May God Bless and Help your Countryman.... :thumbsup:

Hopefully help will reach them fast.....

Heard that one of my Philippine friend suffer this at her place, she have to walk thru 4 hours of flood at her waist level as the taxi unable to drive her thru.... imagine she have to carry luggage and walk for so long in the flood.

Anytime mate, but it's too dangerous right now, 2 more typhoons is heading there..:cry:

lol.. i don't know if you misunderstood..

photoaid is the merlion thing done a while back, and recently.. :)

Wonder how's the situation now.. my colleague's house is flooded to the second floor ankle level on saturday, lucky his family managed to get to the third floor but I wonder about all the squatters in metro manilla where the shelters are all at low level areas.. :bheart: especially seeing the photos where kids climbing up the and taking shelter on dangerous power lines.

Last edited:
lol.. i don't know if you misunderstood..

photoaid is the merlion thing done a while back, and recently.. :)

:D

oh is that it?? hehe!
:thumbsup:

Thank you so much..

Lets do it then.. :lovegrin:

Billycadiz, thanks for the information. Likewise, i am saddenned to hear of this unfortunate chain of events but at the same time, i have to thank my lucky stars as well as i had a trip planned last week but it was cancelled due to my work commitments.

I am still scheduled to be in Manila from 1 Oct to 6 Oct so i hope the weather doesn't take a turn for the worst!

My thoughts and prayers are with the Filipino people affected by the floods.

Godbless!:heart:

May God be with them

Thanks you so much guys for the support & prayers.

Question: Regarding the photoaid thing, i think we need to apply some permit first to execute the drive, where and how to obtain it? Thanks in advance..

Cheers..
:)

Hope everything goes safe and smooth for the ppl.

billy buttie, everything safe and sound for your family at home?

Hope everything goes safe and smooth for the ppl.

billy buttie, everything safe and sound for your family at home?

Thanks buttie, my family is safe, they are not living on that devastated part..:)

Thanks for the prayers...:love1::sweatsm:

Question: Regarding the photoaid thing, i think we need to apply some permit first to execute the drive, where and how to obtain it? Thanks in advance..

Cheers..
:)

you can look in kopitiam threads,if i do not remember wrongly, there is a photoaid chit chat thread.

for members i remember being involved, i think yqt was? ortega too. you can try asking them for help, if there is a base already in position for you to work on, it might be easier if they are willing to help.

good luck with it. :)

you can look in kopitiam threads,if i do not remember wrongly, there is a photoaid chit chat thread.

for members i remember being involved, i think yqt was? ortega too. you can try asking them for help, if there is a base already in position for you to work on, it might be easier if they are willing to help.

good luck with it. :)

Thanks Wk, I've PMed them.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.