Philippines - Cebu, Bohol, Boracay, Manila and Tagaytay

kishleo

Nov 10, 2011
Hi Guys,

would like to share some of the pictures taken during my recent trip to Philippines, it is not a photography trip but i tried to capture as many as possible during my 7 nights stay.

Day 1: Cebu

#1 my first photo of the trip with my camera :) from the roof top of the hotel while waiting for my team to join for breakfast.

i.php

#2 an attempt to stitch panorama with 5 images taken from the same location

IMG_0632-Edit_800.jpg

after break fast my first stop is at Basilica of Santo Niño, The Minor Basilica of the Santo Niño or Basilica Minore del Santo Niño is a 16th century church in Cebu City in the Philippines. It was built purportedly on the spot where the image of the Santo Niño, a sculpture depicting the Holy Child Jesus found by Spanish explorers in 1565 preserved in a burned wooden box which was left behind during the 1521 Magellan expedition

#3 Church - outside

IMG_0642_800.jpg

#4 Church - inside
i.php

some more pictures inside the church

i.php

#6 not sure what building it is just beside the church

i.php

just beside the church is the Magellan's Cross: Magellan's Cross is a Christian cross planted by Portuguese, and Spanish explorers as ordered by Ferdinand Magellan upon arriving in Cebu in the Philippines on April 14 or 21, 1521

#7 Magellan's Cross - from outside

i.php

#8 Magellan's Cross

i.php

#9 Magellan's Cross from the other side

i.php

now, its time to by some souvenir

#10 Island souvenir shop at Cebu just beside the Magellan's Cross

i.php

next stop is Fort San Pedro: Fuerza de San Pedro is a military defence structure, built by Spanish and indigenous Cebuano labourers under the command of Spanish conquistador, Miguel López de Legazpi and the Spanish Government in Cebu. It is located in the area now called Plaza Indepedencia, in the Pier Area of Cebu City, Philippines.
The smallest, oldest triangular bastion fort in the country was built in 1738 to repel Muslim raiders. In turn, it served as a stronghold for Filipino revolutionaries near the end of the 19th entury. This served as the nucleus of the first Spanish settlement in the Philippines

#11 Fort San Pedro

IMG_0784_800.jpg

#12 this fort is triangular, one of the corner

IMG_0758_800.jpg

Please stay tuned for more pictures :) it is taking more time to arrange my pics than actual time took to shoot these.

Last edited: