Phayee item that Lumixers are interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hong Jia said:
Isssit... keep me update too... cos i find the metal ring a bit troublesome....

tried using the original panasonic petal hood with the 72mm section of the phayee...not a bad fit...but in the long run, might have scratches on the metal section...
please keep us updated if you are gonna do an MO for the phayee petal hood....

1. Metal ring for mounting the Petal Lens hood <---confirmed dun have!
2. 1 x custom-made new style lens cap (pressed open from the inner circle) with cord. $2.5 each - 62mm
3. 1 x phayee adapter tube for FZ20
4. mpark -- phayee adapter tube (x1), 62 to 55mm step-down ring (x1), Lotus lens hood (x1), custom-made new style lens cap (x1)

Yay!! :D Hope this MO goes through... ;p

mpark said:
2. 1 x custom-made new style lens cap (pressed open from the inner circle) with cord. $2.5 each - 62mm
4. mpark -- phayee adapter tube (x1), 62 to 55mm step-down ring (x1), Lotus lens hood (x1), custom-made new style lens cap (x1)

Yay!! :D Hope this MO goes through... ;p

Friend,

This is not any MO yet...it is just a feedback thread so that I can talk to the guy form China and gather all the costing...mai blur...read properly! ;)

can anione tell me where did u all get the Sigma Petal Hood?

Howdy said:

Friend: Read properly hor....this is not an MO, so no quantity...just a wish list, and will see how to organize the MO later...

JimDavis said:
Friend,

This is not any MO yet...it is just a feedback thread so that I can talk to the guy form China and gather all the costing...mai blur...read properly! ;)

:embrass: Aiyah... I also know... Just saying IF the POTENTIAL MO works out, those are the items I would like. Gives you a better idea of how many of each item people might want in the MO then can negotiate with your contact more accurately mah... ;)

josho said:
can anione tell me where did u all get the Sigma Petal Hood?

Josh, we got it via MO from Phayee...

snapMan said:
Josh, we got it via MO from Phayee...
keep me update if there's any MO from phayee. I would like to get that and the ring at the same time, hehe

JimDavis said:
Friend: Read properly hor....this is not an MO, so no quantity...just a wish list, and will see how to organize the MO later...

Yes Jim I am aware, just putting the wish list as stated.

josho said:
keep me update if there's any MO from phayee. I would like to get that and the ring at the same time, hehe

Josh, the ring is a custom made product of Chen (from taiwan who also sells the sigma petal hood and a hood similar to Phayee tube adapter). While the sigma hood that we bought from Phayee does not come with the ring cos Phayee dun sell it.

The Sigma petal hood is a snap-on twist and lock type for SLR lenses, but our Phayee/Chen tube adapter does not have a mechanism for securing such a twist and lock design. Thats the purpose of the ring. You can get more info from shene's page (click on fz10 -> chen tube):
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/index.html

I'd advise you to get the custom made hood (by Phayee), as its a screw on type, so you dun need the ring. Just let JimDavis know of your interest in the custom made hood lor..He also wants to get rid of his Sigma and order the custom made one liao.. :D

snapMan said:
Josh, the ring is a custom made product of Chen (from taiwan who also sells the sigma petal hood and a hood similar to Phayee tube adapter). While the sigma hood that we bought from Phayee does not come with the ring cos Phayee dun sell it.

The Sigma petal hood is a snap-on twist and lock type for SLR lenses, but our Phayee/Chen tube adapter does not have a mechanism for securing such a twist and lock design. Thats the purpose of the ring. You can get more info from shene's page (click on fz10 -> chen tube):
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/index.html

I'd advise you to get the custom made hood (by Phayee), as its a screw on type, so you dun need the ring. Just let JimDavis know of your interest in the custom made hood lor..He also wants to get rid of his Sigma and order the custom made one liao.. :D

steady! The screw is better in fact. Not afraid of the ring will lost. Just waiting to see when Jim Davis is ordering if theres any.. thanks for the info, man.. Xing Nian Kuai Le (Happy Chinese New Year)

Update:

2. Custom-made new style lens cap (pressed open from the inner circle) with cord.
3. Phayee adapter tube for FZ20/FZ10
4. Phayee Lotus-shape lens hood ( &#33714;&#33457;&#32617; )
5. Step down/Step up ring (Please get them locally, which are easily available at CP, AP or MS)

dear brothers... roughly how much are the items??? im mainly looking at the phayee adapters... + maybe a step down... thanks in advance...

JimDavis said:
Update:

2. Custom-made new style lens cap (pressed open from the inner circle) with cord.
3. Phayee adapter tube for FZ20/FZ10
4. Phayee Lotus-shape lens hood ( &#33714;&#33457;&#32617; )
5. Step down/Step up ring (Please get them locally, which are easily available at CP, AP or MS)

er... I see... So you're just collecting a list of items first, dun care first how many people want each yet... Is it?

littledigitalartist said:
dear brothers... roughly how much are the items??? im mainly looking at the phayee adapters... + maybe a step down... thanks in advance...

I am just collecting the list of the items first, then ask the Phayee guy for a quote, then will get back to you.

As for step down ring, I will not check, since locally is already available.

mpark said:
er... I see... So you're just collecting a list of items first, dun care first how many people want each yet... Is it?

Yup, you are right.

I will collect the items that are interested by Lumixers here, and then decide on the quantity that I will order, ship them back to SG, then sell to the Lumixers here.

Of course, I will have to make sure that the pricing to all here are attractive. Thus, I can't promise anything at this point of time, since everything will eventually voice down to $$.

JimDavis said:
Yup, you are right.

I will collect the items that are interested by Lumixers here, and then decide on the quantity that I will order, ship them back to SG, then sell to the Lumixers here.

Of course, I will have to make sure that the pricing to all here are attractive. Thus, I can't promise anything at this point of time, since everything will eventually voice down to $$.

ah... okok... understooded. Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. :)

mpark said:
ah... okok... understooded. Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. :)

No worries! :)

LifeWorld said:
Hey JimDavis,
Is it ok if I just get the 62mm lens cap with strap? :embrass:

I will ask the China guy....and let me stressed once more: THIS IS NOT ANY MO YET. So, don't ask me if it is ok to get this and that or not.

Just put your wish list here, and I shall confirm with the guy in China to see how much is the total costs, and then will let all know what I will probably bring in, at what price, ok?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.