Phase 1 of F1 ticket goes on sale tomorrow (What and where will you choose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..this is great!! hmm..wonder which is the best.

im getting the walk around tickets...been to sepang for F1 and only see 1 section of the track, can get a bit boring after some time...moving around seems better...better yet, share a hotel room with a group of ppl and have a birds eye view...

The walkabout ticket looks interesting..:think:

The walk around tickets look good if want to catch more action from different view (except a few). But when one reach a stand, where can one position or seat ? No info on that.

looks like walkabout tickets cannot go very near grandstand area... i only wonder if at ground level then shoot head only? :think:

most probably the walk-around ticket.

btw, those of you who have applied for the volunteer programme... any news so far?

any recommendations from those who have been to sepang?

you can only walk-around the mall area (with the grandstand tickets) but not the various grandstands. your ticket will determine which section of the grandstand you can access.

you can only walk-around the mall area (with the grandstand tickets) but not the various grandstands. your ticket will determine which section of the grandstand you can access.

so looks like bo pian have to get grandstand tickets :rolleyes:

I've been watching F1 on TV on and off since Alain Prost and Aryton Senna time and without fail F1 races since 2oo4 from home.

I've used Malaysian TV free-to-air broadcasters from NTV7 to TV3 to last year TV2. The TV stations keep taking turns showing it live as long as state owned Petronas is still the sponsor of F1 team BMW Sauber.

Watching it live is an experience, no doubt. But watching from home allows comfort, different viewing angles, up-to-the-minute race info as well as on-the-fly analysis of the technical situations there and then by experts.To me that's more entertaining than watching it live.

For 1st time viewers of F1 racing either at home or Marina, it's a very technical sport. The FIA for this year had some rules changes again to keep the level playing field fair between the big budget teams and small ones like not permitting the car traction control.

So to fully appreciate and enjoy the sport read up here at www.f1.com.

I'll pass on getting the ticket. And for those without $$$ or Cable TV, do what I do - get a good external attenna!

For info, there is no news yet which Malaysian TV broadcaster is showing it this year.

Stay tune.:devil:

What are the prices?

But watching from home allows comfort, different viewing angles, up-to-the-minute race info as well as on-the-fly analysis of the technical situations there and then by experts.To me that's more entertaining than watching it live.

Agree on this, having watch a few live races, one does get 'lost' sometimes on the action, some off-view action missed out and not relayed, even if big screen is nearby.

However, it is an experience, and I'll be taping the telecast as well!

I am not going to spend my hard earned money on buying a horrendously expensive Singapore F1 ticket. :thumbsd:

I saw the ticket prices. The main grandstand and the stands facing the first corner are approx S$1150. For this kinda money, I can fly to Shanghai, stay in a hotel for 2 nights in a reasonably priced hotel (even during the F1 period) near the track, get a main grandstand ticket and have lots more fun...

Like someone mentioned above, the best seats to watch the Singapore F1 GP, are at home in front of the TV.

Those who insist on splurging money, try to get a seat in the T2 stand at the first corner. This will give you a front view of the cars as they head down to the first corner, as well as of the cars exiting the pitlane. As the cars turn left at the first corner, you will also enjoy a side-on view from this stand. All other stands will give you just a fleeting glance of the cars as they whizz by.

As for the walkabout tickets, forget it. I doubt you will get anywhere close to the action. Yes, maybe you can enjoy the sound of the engines.

<edit> : Sorry, checked the prices again. The main grandstand and the Turns 1, 2 and 3 grandstand prices are S$1388. :bigeyes:
The prices were listed in the Today newspaper.

Friends, brethren, countrymen, listen to me please. Its not worth spending your hard earned money on this. Just not worth it. Save this money and fly to Melbourne, Shanghai, Bahrain to watch the F1 race. Or go two years in a row to Sepang for this money. Its atrocious !!!!

It's all hype but good that more people will appreciate the sport.

Anyone need an external TV antenna? I can recommend some.......:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.