Petronas scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilduckling

Jan 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
I just got a SMS claiming to be from Petronas to say I got $7000... but I don't even drive.

Haha .... only $7,000 ?

Here's what i got a few mins ago:

I am Mr. Jesle Chui Vice Chairman and Chief Executive with overall responsibility for the business and operations of Bank of China ( Hong Kong
) Limited ("BOCHK").

In October, 2002, my late client Ghazi Musa Hassan, an Iraqi Crude oil merchant made a numbered fixed deposit of Thirty million, Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars (US$30,500,000.00) only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war (U.S and Iraqi war), Five years ago (2003). Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him.
We later found out that Ghazi Musa Hassan, and his family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit his home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil well was.

After further investigation it was also discovered that Ghazi Musa Hassan did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit and he also confided in me the last time he was in my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Thirty million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars are still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it.
What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration six {6} years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Ghazi Musa Hassan so that you will be able to receive his funds.

you wanna be the next of kin? :sweat:

I got it also a couple of days back with a +61 number to call back to verify the claim :bsmilie:

the scammers not only use Petronas... but i've received from Shell too. i guess with the recent fuel hikes, these petroleum companies wanna give back to people :thumbsup::bsmilie:

about the US30.5m FD, why don't Mr Chui himself stand in as the next of kin and claim it instead of getting someone to do so? want to scam also must scam properly mah... :nono:

so... i should just delete it and keep quiet?

I wonder if I can legally force them to pay me $7000 now.

about the US30.5m FD, why don't Mr Chui himself stand in as the next of kin and claim it instead of getting someone to do so? want to scam also must scam properly mah... :nono:
kannasai.... Mr Chui even thought that i look like Iraqi or my grandfather was an Iraqi ! :cry:

kannasai.... Mr Chui even thought that i look like Iraqi or my grandfather was an Iraqi ! :cry:
maybe you have been shooting too much in the sun and turned brown lah..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.