PES C2 - 13 years NSman cycle??

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope. not a commando.

the system works in this way (i was told)..SAF has a budget for NSmen's pay. with that limited budget, they'll try to get as many people back as they can, hence those with lower incomes may suffer as they might be recalled more often till they complete their ICT cycles.

my senior was unfortunately not employed hence he always tio recalled for ICT..

From wht I know, at least maybe mid-range 5 figures then got chance kanna recall less loh, but whether lower incomes recall more than I dn't know..:)

Technically speaking, yes. But technically speaking, you think MINDEF will forget about you? :bsmilie:

My advice is, you better pray they recall you as early as possible. Don't wait until you lau kok kok liao then they call you for reservists, especially if you're those belonging to 'chiong swa' units.

Meh sorry I've missed this thread the last few days.

Erm, so that mean they can call me up *after* I'm 40?

I'm currently living overseas so I haven't done a single high key low key don key mon key as I said. And I'm C9 L3 if that makes any difference.

Actually for Pes status, the important thing is the L* at the end. L3 and L9 are champions bcos u can only be base deployed. Definitely excused form going outfield. If you are asked to do it, see the MO. You can be C9L1 also no use, bcos L1 can be field deployed. Still must chiong mountain. I hope that is clear.
As for whether or not your unit recalls you very much depends on many factors:
1)Is your civilian pay too much for them to recall.
2)Depending on your scope of duty in army. Some are very technical and they might not want you back if they have upgraded machinery and you have not ben recalled for many many years. They really don't want you to go back and screw things up.
3)Some vocations are made redundant. An example is the cook. Now no more cooks. So they become riflemen or some ****. But if you are downgraded and cannot take physical activities, they cannot retrain you to be storemen or technician. So they are choked and if your unit has enough manpower, they will find you a nuisance and just leave you alone. If not enough manpower, they will think of something for you. So really no fix and fast rules.

There are a thousand and one scenarios why one person is recalled and not another. Why one is recalled 15yrs later and another never stepped into a camp after his ROD. That is ARMY for you.

And Mindef will not forget you. However, if they don't recall you, they must have their reasons and you really don't need to be overly concerned. If you are the chiong swa type, they will most probably not recall you and expect you to do the strenuous stuff if you have been neglected till your late 30s. Army also very compassionate one.

Last edited:
Actually for Pes status, the important thing is the L* at the end. L3 and L9 are champions bcos u can only be base deployed. Definitely excused form going outfield. If you are asked to do it, see the MO. You can be C9L1 also no use, bcos L1 can be field deployed. Still must chiong mountain. I hope that is clear.

yup, is the L status which is also known as land deploy code that decides which unit a pes C personal will post to.
i'm C2L1, luckily posted to a navy RP unit.

Meh sorry I've missed this thread the last few days.

Erm, so that mean they can call me up *after* I'm 40?

I'm currently living overseas so I haven't done a single high key low key don key mon key as I said. And I'm C9 L3 if that makes any difference.

After 40 I don't think so lah...If I'm MINDEF, do you think I will recall a 40 year 'old' infantry man to go chiong swa?

For other vacations, I'm not sure. May be experts here can give advise?

After 40 I don't think so lah...If I'm MINDEF, do you think I will recall a 40 year 'old' infantry man to go chiong swa?

For other vacations, I'm not sure. May be experts here can give advise?

As stated somewhere earlier in this thread, your rank also plays a part.
My unit everytime we get called up for ICT, half of the reservist are those of three-bars, one-crab fellows with white hair all over. Many are over 40 years of age.
They are also doing the same thing - carry bag, set up tentage.. etc. etc. Also have to do menial tasks one.

Good. I have no rank whatsoever :)

My unit everytime we get called up for ICT, half of the reservist are those of three-bars, one-crab fellows with white hair all over. Many are over 40 years of age.
They are also doing the same thing - carry bag, set up tentage.. etc. etc. Also have to do menial tasks one.

Are you sure those with 3 bars and 1 crab will do manual work like setting up of tentages?

Looking back from my reservists days, if I were those with crabs, I don't mind going for reservists. Got people serve, got vehicle to travel, go chiong swa also in no. 4 and walking stick only. :bsmilie:

Are you sure those with 3 bars and 1 crab will do manual work like setting up of tentages?

Looking back from my reservists days, if I were those with crabs, I don't mind going for reservists. Got people serve, got vehicle to travel, go chiong swa also in no. 4 and walking stick only. :bsmilie:

LOL... Actually the 3 bars 1 crab do manual work in ICT lah.... I remember in my NS days, they did a lot of manual work... they carry ice boxes and stuff to tekong and BBQ over there.... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

hmm...what about clerks who worked at cmpb or mindef? I don't remember seeing any of this people going back to their unit for reservist leh. how to high key and low key for them?

those L3 and below seldom get call back.
most to most, is like my friend who got posted to a unit as ASA but they will not call you back for ict.
so in this case, they can strike you off the holding list since you're posted to a unit.

Last edited:
LOL... Actually the 3 bars 1 crab do manual work in ICT lah.... I remember in my NS days, they did a lot of manual work... they carry ice boxes and stuff to tekong and BBQ over there.... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

You sure or not? I thought they ask their 'ka kias' to do all these manual job? They where got 'time' to do all these manual work?

Sorry for OT..but since so many NS men in this thread..so i might as well ask..

Why is it that employed NS men not getting any vocation pay during ICTs?

E.g.
A 2 weeks ICT:
NS men A not working
Gets ~$300 vocation pay (for the whole ICT)

NS men B working monthly pay of $2000 per month ($500/wk)
Gets $1000 nett (for the whole ICT)

NS men B does not need to go for ICT and will still be paid the $1000 by company he work for.

And the recent hoo ha abt paying !!20%!! more to NS men doesn't benefit NS men who are working at all.

Hoo Ha benefit
NS men A not working
Gets ~$300 vocation pay+(20%) = $360

Gets $1000 nett (still gets $1000)

On top of that NS men B maybe enjoying 5 days work week..but during ICTs he may have to go for exercise on weekends..so the week end pay claim from who? :cry: *haiz*

LOL, brother Wee How, that is the formation we belong to. So many chocolate bars around.
But then, I see a lots of these uncles disappear from the fields during set up time. :bsmilie:
Only those garang type still behind to help out with their men.

Long live the ....... corp.;p

Haha... Virgo. If in a unit like mine, more than half are shoulder bar/crab-bearers, and we hit the RV at 1am to set up before 3am, then LL almost every one will have to dirty his hands...

LOL, brother Wee How, that is the formation we belong to. So many chocolate bars around.
But then, I see a lots of these uncles disappear from the fields during set up time. :bsmilie:
Only those garang type still behind to help out with their men.

Long live the ....... corp.;p

Long live.... Scanner bro!
I think I must be one of those garang ones... together with my fellow garang-ers! Hahaha....

Sorry for OT..but since so many NS men in this thread..so i might as well ask..

Why is it that employed NS men not getting any vocation pay during ICTs?

E.g.
A 2 weeks ICT:
NS men A not working
Gets ~$300 vocation pay (for the whole ICT)

Gets $1000 nett (for the whole ICT)

NS men B does not need to go for ICT and will still be paid the $1000 by company he work for.

And the recent hoo ha abt paying !!20%!! more to NS men doesn't benefit NS men who are working at all.

Hoo Ha benefit
NS men A not working
Gets ~$300 vocation pay+(20%) = $360

Gets $1000 nett (still gets $1000)

On top of that NS men B maybe enjoying 5 days work week..but during ICTs he may have to go for exercise on weekends..so the week end pay claim from who? :cry: *haiz*
Like my friend who volunteer to extend his service by 6 months, this is beneficial to him.

Weekend cannot claim, LL suck thumb. They will tell you it is the price to pay for your pink card.

Haha... Virgo. If in a unit like mine, more than half are shoulder bar/crab-bearers, and we hit the RV at 1am to set up before 3am, then LL almost every one will have to dirty his hands...

True also. This is because your unit got so many bars and crabs. For us infantry/guards, only a handful. So they rather stand there and f88k. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.