Perth

ykbryan

Jul 30, 2012
Singapore, Serangoon
Good day CSer! Has anybody been to Perth and can also recommend some must-go places, accommodations and activities to play? I will be going on a roadtrip on the May 12th, 6 days. :)

I love to take photos of the landscapes, the big open sea, sunrises/sunsets and nature but the tricky part is that we have a toddler in the group. Even though I rented a car online for 6 days, there are still quite a number of places that has minimum age requirement and etc.

Love to hear your thoughts, comments and recommendations.

Thank you!

Last edited:
can check these places out:

fremantle - port, beach and museum, ok la actually go there eat fish and chips only!
kings park - view of perth city
swan valley - vineyards which stretches to the horizon, unforgettable view

can only remember these cause i was there like 5 years ago.

Hi ykbryan, juz to add on to tecnica's suggestions :)

Perth city: Perth Mint, Northbridge for the hippy cafes if you are into that (Tuckshop is recommended :))Perth's Chinatown is also located here. If you love Italian cuisine, Ciao Italia is one of the best in Perth. It's located at South Perth, can consider going to Sir James Mitchell Park for a great view of Perth cbd skyline.

Fremantle: Fish and chips, Fremantle Market, South Mole lighthouse, Fremantle prisons tour (may not be suitable for your kid)

Sandy beach and rolling surf: Cottesloe, not as famous as Bondi, but still fantastic for swimming/day in the sun

6 days is a little tight if you plan to visit the Southwest (Margaret River region and Albany). Both are fantastic though, if you don't mind the approx 5 hrs drive to Albany. :)

Albany: Quiet seaside town famous for its whaling past and being the first settlement in WA. The wind farm, the Gap and Natural Bridge, Blowhole are noteworthy for their scenic views.

Denmark and Pemberton: Valley of Giants and home of the giant Karri trees. En-route between Albany and Margaret river. Treetop walks available, the drive through this region is fairly windy with giant trees lining both sides of the road for long stretches.

Margaret river region: Wine tasting and good food. Can check out Cape Leeuwin and Cape Naturaliste lighthouses, Busselton jetty (quite a long trek to the end) and Jewel caves.

The TP there is quite on the ball, try to keep to the speed limit and slow down when approaching towns or schools or flyovers on the freeway.

Happy planning and enjoy your trip! :gbounce:

You can travel up north to Kalbari National Park, there are those on the coastal cliffs and those inland groges, Pinncales desert with rock formation, i just back from there

I am thinking of traveling downwards (according to Google Map). Appreciate it. Thank you all for the comments / suggestions.

if u hv some spare time, go to rottnest island. it's a beauty... take ferry frm fremantle.

Watch Sunset at Cottesloe beach,
Go to Fremantle, visit the Fremantle Markets (open Friday-Sunday http://fremantlemarkets.com.au/), eat fish & chips, drink beer, relax at the Esplanade park. See the round-house, visit the prison, watch street performers.
Go to Kings Park for a walk and a nice view of the city, by day, and by night ( http://www.bgpa.wa.gov.au/kings-park )
Here's some things to see and do: http://www.perth.wa.gov.au/things-see-and-do-city and http://visitperthcity.com/
Swan Valley to visit wineries, have lunch, chocolate factory.
If you have time and want to drive South, there's Margaret river, there's Bunbury, Busselton (Busselton Jetty).
As mentioned in the other posts, there's the Pinnacles in the North, which I have been once when a friend from Clubsnap wanted to go there! It's cool, but also, quite a drive to see pillars of rocks, but you might as well, if you have time and are keen.
You could visit the university to look around, or walk around South Perth foreshore, or in East Perth.

Stayed in Perth for 7 years in the 90s.

Don't forget the southern towns like Rockingham and Mandurah.
Rockingham has some really nice beaches where I first brought my girlfriends ( one of them my wife now).

Mandurah has a bird park and some cowboy park but not sure if they are still there or not.