Claisebrook Cove
Cottesloe Beach
Magaret River
Busselton Jetty
Augusta - Leeuwin Lighthouse

Credit to Ernest_ted

Kings Park
South Perth
and this http://www.valleyofthegiants.com.au/ (if u have more time)

Pemberton http://www.about-australia.com/western-australia/australias-south-west/destinations/pemberton/

Or go inland to York or Northam, take pics of old towns.

York http://www.about-australia.com/western-australia/perth/destinations/york/

Last edited:
do i get to see any pics from u? :p i maybe going there soon..

thanks

besides those listed u can extend yr trip to Torndirrup National Park @ Albany, whale watching @ Bunbury, Scarborugh Beach in Perth

Getting around Perth City is quite easy as you can hope on to any one of the CAT (Central Area Transit) service for free. See the diferent routes taken by the different CAT bus.

Besides the CAT service, taking any bus service is free as long as you board and alight within the Free Transit Zone (FTZ).

CATRoute.jpg

CATRoute2.jpg

Credit to Transperth Homepage. http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/

Last edited:
have you been to Pinnacle? thought of driving there, the distance is not as far as Margaret River....
I also read that now is the time for whale watching at Augusta.. thought of taking the 2-3 hours boat tour for whale watching :)

have you been to Pinnacle? thought of driving there, the distance is not as far as Margaret River....
I also read that now is the time for whale watching at Augusta.. thought of taking the 2-3 hours boat tour for whale watching :)

Haven't been to the Pinnacle, planning for it also. Was at Augusta, the tour guide mentioned about whales migrating but no sight of whales. Visited Rottnest during my last trip in June, heard got whales also but never see any. I think the best timing is September if the info given by the tour guide is correct.

Last edited:
Another interesting place is Monkey Mia, north of Perth.. where you can see and even feed the dolphins. Its about 10hours drive from Perth or take a domestic flight but it cost a "bomb" :bsmilie:

There is also a beach that is formed from billions of tiny shells and is one of only two in the world. It stretches for approximately one-hundred and ten kilometres and is between seven and ten metres deep. This shell beach is located about 45km from Denham, just before Monkey MIA.

Francis:

I will be staying over weekend, do you think its better to stay in Perth City or Fremantle? I read that Perth city itself is a dead town after 5:30pm on weekdays and practically very quiet on weekend.... is that true?

I think Fremantle has more activities and more place of interest, Fremantle market, prison.. etc

And I am looking forward to the fish and chips at Kailis :p

Another interesting place is Monkey Mia, north of Perth.. where you can see and even feed the dolphins. Its about 10hours drive from Perth or take a domestic flight but it cost a "bomb" :bsmilie:

There is also a beach that is formed from billions of tiny shells and is one of only two in the world. It stretches for approximately one-hundred and ten kilometres and is between seven and ten metres deep. This shell beach is located about 45km from Denham, just before Monkey MIA.

Driving is quite dangerous in a sense because the road condition is really dark.
My trip from Busselton back to Perth is a good example. The bus departed at around 6:30pm, the sky is dark and there is really no street lights except at some roundabout.

Was thinking of renting a car and drive to Busselton by myself this weekend, but not confident enough. :sweat: Still thinking...

Francis:

I will be staying over weekend, do you think its better to stay in Perth City or Fremantle? I read that Perth city itself is a dead town after 5:30pm on weekdays and practically very quiet on weekend.... is that true?

I think Fremantle has more activities and more place of interest, Fremantle market, prison.. etc

And I am looking forward to the fish and chips at Kailis :p

You really did your homework.

The best time to fly over to Perth is Wednesday or Thursday so that you can enjoy the late night shopping on Friday night where shops will extend their business hours till 7pm or later. Most shops will open on Saturday but end at around 5pm. Some shops will open on Sunday but it closes early like 3pm.

Must try Kailis' Fish and Chip (Traditional) and remember to add the tartare sauce and chicken salt. The chicken salt does magic.

If you like spicy food, can try Nando's at Northbridge also. Northbridge is where most night activities are like clubbing and pubbing. Really crowded on Friday night.

I never tried staying overnight at Fremantle also, but it also got nothing much except the Harbour side where most eateries are.

Last edited:
Why not you try this?

Thursday - Fly to Perth
Friday - Stay in Perth, stay for Friday night shopping
Saturday - Move to Fremantle. Stay at the Esplanade Hotel
Sunday - Take ferry to Rottnest. Day trip - Wear appropriately and travel light. Try to hire a bicycle to travel around Rottnest. Take 4pm Ferry back to Fremantle, stay for another night. Or travel back to Perth
Monday - Back to Perth. Day shopping and walking around. (if you came back last night, more time for Day trip)
Tuesday - Day trip to somewhere
Wednesday - Day trip to somewhere
Thrusday - Fly back.

Last edited:
Driving is quite dangerous in a sense because the road condition is really dark.
My trip from Busselton back to Perth is a good example. The bus departed at around 6:30pm, the sky is dark and there is really no street lights except at some roundabout.

Was thinking of renting a car and drive to Busselton by myself this weekend, but not confident enough. :sweat: Still thinking...

Hi Francis,

On reading your msg, I reckon you currently must be in Perth. If you do have sufficient time (like 3-4 days) to spare, I do strongly recommend that you drive down to Albany and spend some time there visiting many of those magnificient wonders - like the gap, blow-holes, wind farm, free whale and dolphin watching (from the blow-hole area), etc... I promise you'll never regret that.... Best time is now to around October (I was working in Perth for 15 months ard this time last year)

Driving from Perth is only 5 hours - one straight road along Albany Highway. And the first thing to do is to hit for the tourist information center and ask for a free copy of Albany map.

I have the coordinates to few of these places if you have interest of venturing there with a GPS.... let me know...:)

Why not you try this?

Thursday - Fly to Perth
Friday - Stay in Perth, stay for Friday night shopping
Saturday - Move to Fremantle. Stay at the Esplanade Hotel
Sunday - Take ferry to Rottnest. Day trip - Wear appropriately and travel light. Try to hire a bicycle to travel around Rottnest. Take 4pm Ferry back to Fremantle, stay for another night. Or travel back to Perth
Monday - Back to Perth. Day shopping and walking around. (if you came back last night, more time for Day trip)
Tuesday - Day trip to somewhere
Wednesday - Day trip to somewhere
Thrusday - Fly back.

Thanks for the suggestions, i will try to rework the itinerary based on your input :)

Hi Francis,

On reading your msg, I reckon you currently must be in Perth. If you do have sufficient time (like 3-4 days) to spare, I do strongly recommend that you drive down to Albany and spend some time there visiting many of those magnificient wonders - like the gap, blow-holes, wind farm, free whale and dolphin watching (from the blow-hole area), etc... I promise you'll never regret that.... Best time is now to around October (I was working in Perth for 15 months ard this time last year)

Driving from Perth is only 5 hours - one straight road along Albany Highway. And the first thing to do is to hit for the tourist information center and ask for a free copy of Albany map.

I have the coordinates to few of these places if you have interest of venturing there with a GPS.... let me know...:)

Thanks for the suggestion man. :thumbsup:
I am here for business so can only can spare my weekends. I really love to stay in those farmstay and explore more of the south of WA also, but the weather is quite cold, wet and cloudy these days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, i will try to rework the itinerary based on your input :)

You are welcome. I think Stevele's suggestion is not bad. Can plan to spend some good time in the South of WA.

Hope that you got a backup driver if you plan to drive because the road is straight and boring and dark...

Depends on what you want to get out of the trip. To explore more places or just to take time to relax.

You are welcome. I think Stevele's suggestion is not bad. Can plan to spend some good time in the South of WA.

Hope that you got a backup driver if you plan to drive because the road is straight and boring and dark...

Depends on what you want to get out of the trip. To explore more places or just to take time to relax.

Stevele's suggestion is good also :thumbsup:

I thought of Albany initially but then i reckon I have to decide between Margaret River/Augusta and Albany. Ideally is to travel in a loop, Perth City-Fremantle-Busselton-Margaret River-Augusta-Albany then back.. but it will takes many days.. :bsmilie: