Personal Makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

icer

Mar 15, 2004
West
www.icezworld.com
Hi all,

Need to know badly. Does anyone out there knows how to add those makeover effects to your own personal photos?? You know those that gives u a blurred look and most people will look much better as it covers most of your flaws???

I know its a brush effect under photoshop. But not sure which brush is that and where to get it........had try many brushes but couldn't get the effect that I wanted.

Anyone knows??? :(

A begginer's method would be:

1) create a new layer;
2) blur >>> Gaussian Blur (set your preferred parameters);
3) Use a soft edged eraser and erase the lines that should be sharp, i.e. hair, lips, teeth...etc

There you go, experiment!

icer said:
Hi all,

Need to know badly. Does anyone out there knows how to add those makeover effects to your own personal photos?? You know those that gives u a blurred look and most people will look much better as it covers most of your flaws???

I know its a brush effect under photoshop. But not sure which brush is that and where to get it........had try many brushes but couldn't get the effect that I wanted.

Try using Gaussian Blur. May give you the effect you want.

Better details in previous message.

icer said:
Hi all,

shoot high key sure flawless...

RuthBaby said:
shoot high key sure flawless...

OT
RuthBaby low key also can lah......all shadows and very little details....hehe...

Back to the topic....
Anyway, there are many various way to make your skin flawless. The best is to have a good make-up artist. This is before you start shooting.

You will be surprise what a professional make-up artist can do. So hiring a good make-up artist will help, so you will spend less time touching up in PS and more time to shoot! Hope this help.

Another thing is if you cannot hire a professional make-up artist, look for those students make-up artist who is willing to learn. They will either charge you less or you can offer them some of your photos in exchange for their services.

If you already have those photographs, well then good luck on your retouching as it really takes a considerable amount of your time if the skin is pretty bad.
Thank you

Thread moved to Digital Darkroom. Pls post your threads in the correct sub-forums, thanks!

The Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.