Peril of our hobby

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Today, after work, I took the MRT and alighted at the Hougang station & walked to the MRT's station bicycle lots to take some photos. After I'm done shooting, I walked to a nearby bus stop for my bus home.

While waiting for my bus, someone tapped on my shoulder and beckoned me to follow her. I was stunned for a while and stayed put.

Seeing that i'm not budging, she asked, "Did u take my photo?' in mandarin.

I answered "No."

"I was sitting at the steps just now and i 'beow" you for a long time, you must have taken my photos. I want to have a look at your camera" she said, still maintaining her soft spoken manner.

"I have the right to not show you, but it's ok, I'll show it to you" I said, knowing that I'll prove her wrong.

I pointed the camera's LCD to her and scrolled through the images, seeing nothing of herself, she raised her hand in a apologetic manner. I shaked my head a few times, just for the effect to make her feel ridiculous.

I already have little courage to do streets photo and yet I have to "suffer" this!

Stay strong! :cheergal:
May the force be with you :bsmilie:

No harm la, at least she apologized. Some people just really dislike being photographed. The jialat ones are those that demand that you show them the LCD, then just stride off without saying anything after you've shown them that you didn't shoot them!

No harm la, at least she apologized. Some people just really dislike being photographed. The jialat ones are those that demand that you show them the LCD, then just stride off without saying anything after you've shown them that you didn't shoot them!

yup. ^

at least she was still soft spoken and apologetic. There are some really no ****in manners.

Ya, lucky it was not some ah bengs....

she pretty or not ??

if pretty, can hook her

if not, phew phew phew

Maybe she got some mental stress or paranoid thing going on. Some people are highly suspicious of anything and everything.

she pretty or not ??

if pretty, can hook her

if not, phew phew phew

i am guessing not...otherwise TS would have titled his thread 'Perks of our hobby'...:bsmilie:

No offense, but i think she is a butch....

cichlid

She thought you were her secret admirer stalking her to take her photos. She was hinting that she likes you. Maybe she wants to be in a serious relationship with you.

I don't want, may be can intro to u guys, haa

This is why i always think twice if i want to do street photography. This kind of case.. maybe not usual but it will/might happen if you're unlucky at least in Singapore the chances are quite high as compared to elsewhere (imo...) Feels uncomfortable here. But when im overseas..just so much better. Nobody cares.

No offense, but i think she is a butch....

That explains it? They are more self conscious because they are forever fighting a battle in their mind on their self esteem, society acceptance and their own sexual confusion.

Some of them might use drugs (not the heroin or crack type) but stuff like male hormones which throws their overall hormones into imbalance resulting in weird mood and behaviors.

In my opinion, if someone suspect you of taking his or her photo and politely request you to delete it, just offer him or her to take a look at your LCD screen.

If they are rude and demanding, offer him or her to go to he nearest police station to witness it. They have no right to view your content in your camera.

I read somewhere that should a person photo appears in your photo as a background, that is he or she is not the main focused subject, legally you have all the right to keep that photo. Otherwise, if you wish to take a building or structure, you got to clear the ground!

In my opinion, if someone suspect you of taking his or her photo and politely request you to delete it, just offer him or her to take a look at your LCD screen.

If they are rude and demanding, offer him or her to go to he nearest police station to witness it. They have no right to view your content in your camera.

I read somewhere that should a person photo appears in your photo as a background, that is he or she is not the main focused subject, legally you have all the right to keep that photo. Otherwise, if you wish to take a building or structure, you got to clear the ground!
that is great! but could you recall where is the article? so that we can vehemently denied the accusation from those butch/gangster/bully/police/security guard...

Wow, that was quite sometimes back. I also remember watching a programme where they tested the authorities by shooting at the FBI HQ and then the security personnel try to stop them. When challenged, they couldn't cite any law that stop public from taking photo outside the building. Of course you better not try it here in Singapore.

Here is a forum on the same subject that maybe of a good reference. The law in Britain and Australia should be quite similar here.

http://digital-photography-school.c...-i-take-photo-stranger-public-can-i-sell.html

Cheers