Performance of Ixus 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

eone8

Jun 23, 2007
Hi,
I am new here.
Anybody can comment on the performance of Ixus75 for macro and night shot?

Too bad that the camera does not have image stabiliser, but review said that the auto iso can be used to take care of camera shakes, anybody can enlighten me what is auto iso is?

Auto ISO, Intelligent ISO etc, is about the same thing. They just bump up your ISO settings so the camera can use a faster shutter to capture your shots. And faster shutter means less movement from your subject, thus it looks clearer.

I would rather take a IS anytime! :)

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. I got totally 4 IXUS model now since they started the series. I am very happy with the overall setting and result. Like all the compact camera, it lacks the field of depth, high noise with high ISO or low lighting. That is why once I get started with DSLR last year, I can hardly want to use my compact camera. But I just got the IXUS 75 for one of my lady friend and she loves it. Light and easy. For compact camera, IXUS always have my vote. Go for it.

Auto ISO, Intelligent ISO etc, is about the same thing. They just bump up your ISO settings so the camera can use a faster shutter to capture your shots. And faster shutter means less movement from your subject, thus it looks clearer.

I would rather take a IS anytime! :)

When they bump up the ISO, does it make the shake even more prominent? I find the result of using ISO400 is even more shaky than using ISO100?

increasing the ISO makes the picture noisy. Correct me if i'm wrong, It should actually look less shaky as light sensitivity increases.

Now I have a new consideration.
It is ixus 950IS.

I have Ixus 75. It is sharp at the center, but not on the corner.

Its 3" LCD always impress people to look at it.

Regards,
Arto.

just wondering if there is any huge difference between ixus 70 and ixus 80?

Status
Not open for further replies.