Perfect on my Laptop, overexposed from printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sold5

Aug 19, 2004
Hi there,

I'm using a Pentax Optio S4i which gives nice pictures when shown on my laptop, I took the first 50 to the printers yesterday including some wedding photos from another digital camera.

All the wedding photos came back perfect but the S4i ones are very bright and poor quality.

Both sets looked perfect on my laptop...

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Steve.

dkw

Dec 10, 2003
CCK
Visit site
Hi there,
see that you are a new member and have had no replies :embrass: . Without being flippant, I think you might want to try a different printer for your pics. If they turned out ok on your screen, then they should have printed out ok.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
make sure that your screen is colour calibrated too...also do you run your laptop screen at the same brightness all the time because on battery it usually automatically sets its brightness lower, consider that
best way to check is to ask the printer you use to show you how your image looks on their screen, just to be sure. and do the colour correction and brightness adjustment yourself, tell them don't change anything, and it should come out alright.

May just be a problem of the person operating the computer that day messing up your printing

sold5 said:
Hi there,

I'm using a Pentax Optio S4i which gives nice pictures when shown on my laptop, I took the first 50 to the printers yesterday including some wedding photos from another digital camera.

All the wedding photos came back perfect but the S4i ones are very bright and poor quality.

Both sets looked perfect on my laptop...

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Steve.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
Try viewing your pics on another computer also.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
normally its due to calibration...

another reason is tt when u print digitally the developer will have to touch up the colours for u...coz their printer and com calibration also different from yours wat....

in ya case probably the lab did not do any colour correction for you??

Tried KT??

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
To add to what's been said - ask the printers to make no adjustments in color. Look at the back of your prints and make sure it has NNNN for the last few characters. If you aren't sure what I'm referring to, do a search. Somewhere in this forum is a thread which has how to read the numbers behind the print (I think the thread was started by Splutter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom