Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

creampuff

Jul 11, 2006
Dover
How about some comments on my chihuahua.
K100D with 18-55 1/10sec at f5.6. ISO 800 Aperture priority, SR on, hand held.
Pepe.jpg

How about some comments on my chihuahua.
K100D with 18-55 1/10sec at f5.6. ISO 800 Aperture priority, SR on, hand held.
Pepe.jpg

Try lower angle.... and reflecting a lil more light to the face area... looks under-exposed there...

else turn the dog around and face the light, you may have better results in that direction.

To add on to Zacs observations,:

Try to use a bigger apreature and a longer focla length to help isolate the subject more. For doggy portraits most often the eyes have to be in focus :) If you want to hide the leash you can drape it over the side of the dog that is facing AWAY from the camera. Its how i normally do it when the dog cannot be let of the leash.

Kit zoom lens la!!!, already at maximum aperture, and yes, doggie's eyes are in focus... Lens zoomed to short tele end.
This was just a quick unplanned snapshot taken late in the day, hence the slow shutter speed, max aperture and high ISO. Perhaps I ought to have tweaked the levels a little before posting but as it is, the camera's exposure for a black and white subject in fading light is pretty good.

Actually after seeing the exposure data, I'm pretty amazed just how effective the Pentax K100D's in-body Shake Reduction is.
Blimey, 1/10 sec hand held. Definitely works!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry quite a dull take of ur beloved chihuahua.

Status
Not open for further replies.