Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Quoted from W. Somerset Maugham

Definitely applies to me (ie I only want praise). That's why I never post anything in Critique section.... too painful for my ego. :cool:

It highly depend on the 2 side of the fence.

1. Person who post

Some wants genuine and invite criticism so that they can improve, others only want praise

2. Person who provide criticism

Some are genuine who provide real criticism so that to allow others to improve, others are sour grapes. Sour grapes only good for vinegar as cooking ingredient. Same grape can produce wintage wine, others produce vinegar.

For me, I am a bit sick of positive comments, so I'd like to hear some negative ones. The more faults pointed out, the better. The more critical, the better. :D

Regards
CK

depends lah... some ppl consistently give comments that "pick bone in egg" then filter a bit lor LOL...

Fully agreed with you, CKIANG. You got strong heart and you have cross the chasm. Just ignore those who give unconstructive criticism. I notice most comment is just good, wonderful. It's not their fault that this is the only comment they made. It takes a knowledgeble person to give constructive criticism. If you are not good or an expert in the subject, that is all you know how to comment. It's nothing wrong, it's just their appreciation that they see something nice and appreciate if.

Disagree, at least for me. I am here to learn so would like to listen to all views. Otherwise, what is the purpose of having a critics section? Waste resources nia lah:p

well I hardly post, whether critique section or not... lately stuck with film and no scanner...
BUT no one comments on my posts :..( pathetic also can say a bit mah..

I'd prefer to hear all negatives!! No point getting your head swelled by so much hot air. In the end, end up not improving. :dent:

Originally posted by Zoomer
I'd prefer to hear all negatives!! No point getting your head swelled by so much hot air. In the end, end up not improving. :dent:

Precisely my point! :) I'd rather people tell me what's wrong with my shot, how I can improve, etc rather than "nice".

(you know it's nice that's why you show them what. ;p )

Regards
CK

Critique... good, bad just let them come... actually it's up to the one who post to decipher who's being constructive and unconstructive...

We are learning everyday! :cool:

Originally posted by ckiang

Precisely my point! :) I'd rather people tell me what's wrong with my shot, how I can improve, etc rather than "nice".

(you know it's nice that's why you show them what. ;p )

Regards
CK

ditto :p

But really... if the criticism is constructive enough... I don't see why a person should feel upset about it :)

Praises are nice but they are impractical for someone who wants to learn, unless he feels that he is good enough :)

I prefer comments from people who can dish out their criticisms in way which motivates someone to do better. IMHO, that's the purpose of criticism.

Some people juz want to learn from mistake...mostly not..
hahaha

I think good or bad, people will still want to hear something about where they have done right and where they have gone wrong. By posting up, it's already an invitation to comment, like it or not.

So.... in my honest opinion, take everything in with a pinch of salt and see what's useful to improve yourself from the comments.

Praises and critiques both I want. If not, how to improve..;p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.