People who are uncontactable

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

What do you think of people (models, photogs, MUAs, etc) who are constantly uncontactable? Like you had already fixed a date, and 2 or 3 days, even after the day had passed they had not came online / replied emails, etc?

Irresponsible people who should be blacklisted in a public forum thread lor! :)

What do you mean when you say you already "fixed a date"?

For the shoot? For to make a decision or get a commitment?

Irresponsible people who should be blacklisted in a public forum thread lor! :)

I agree with that. But I will suggest to blacklisted those who had engaged photography service from photographer and never pay up( constantly uncontactable) . If not some ppl think that pg from cs very " Good to eat ". ( Taking advantage ).

" 做出来得人,都不觉得丢脸,我们公布出他们的名字也不需要怕“ :D

Last edited:
there may be lots of reasons for none responding...

if you are not happy, just move on and find someone else...

to me, is all about business, you don't want to do my business, I will give it to someone else, no hard feeling. simply just business talks, money talks.

The problem is that the date is already fixed, only meeting time not fixed, and after the day had passed he still hadn't replied my mail. Worse still I've been waiting for him to show me something for nearly 3 weeks now.

Arranged so nicely, then suddenly MIA. :dunno:

no head no tail,

can you tell us the whole story...

I don't want to name names, nor do I wish to make it that obvious who it is.

Basically its like I said.

Model contacted me thru CS, we talked thru email, MSN. She agreed on my concept, etc. So a date was fixed, but not the time and meeting location. Then she just stopped responding suddenly a few days before the meeting date. Eventually the date passed without her responding.

That was when I didn't have the model's hp number. Not the first time, 2nd time same, instead I tried to get a response from her (another model this time), if I should postpone the shoot, she said sorry she was busy.

How do you guys usually resolve such a problem?

Last edited:
I don't want to name names, nor do I wish to make it that obvious who it is.

Basically its like I said.

Model contacted me thru CS, we talked thru email, MSN. She agreed on my concept, etc. So a date was fixed, but not the time and meeting location. Then she just stopped responding suddenly a few days before the meeting date. Eventually the date passed without her responding.

That was when I didn't have the model's hp number. Not the first time, 2nd time same, instead I tried to get a response from her (another model this time), if I should postpone the shoot, she said sorry she was busy.

How do you guys usually resolve such a problem?
#1, if you want to hire her for a shoot, she not interested to follow up, You............. Just Move On and find someone else.

#2, if you offering here TFCD, or she asking for TFCD, after initial contact and late no sound no shadow, You .......................Just Move On and find someone else.

#3, if she hire you to do shoot for her, just collect deposit first and talk later.

#1, if you want to hire her for a shoot, she not interested to follow up, You............. Just Move On and find someone else.

#2, if you offering here TFCD, or she asking for TFCD, after initial contact and late no sound no shadow, You .......................Just Move On and find someone else.

#3, if she hire you to do shoot for her, just collect deposit first and talk later.

Noted

For the shoot

This is all about planning and providing for contingencies.

You set a date to get a commitment, no commitment, move on to plan B.

It's not the issue of being a TFCD or not, its a matter of responsibility in my opinion. Lets say had i already got all the outfits, muas ready, etc and the model is still uncontactable...

Yes it's a matter of responsibility, but one that many don't care about. Nothing you can do about it.
One way is simply not to do complicated shoots with unproven models. Professional models usually are less prone to such behaviour. (note that I used 'usually')

It's not the issue of being a TFCD or not, its a matter of responsibility in my opinion. Lets say had i already got all the outfits, muas ready, etc and the model is still uncontactable...

if it is TFCD, then this might not be the right place for this discussion.

if not, then as mentioned earlier, you should have a contingency plan. If the model did not respond to you on the deadline, then you should have activated plan B.
The model may be irresponsible in not giving you notice or for dissappearing, but since there is no written commitment, there is nothing you can do.

What happened to the time when someone was as good as their word, they made a commitment or a promise and they kept it? Or failing to do so, when something really did mean they could not make it, they did not hide behind non-contact but rather called, apologised and re-scheduled if possible?

What happened to common decency and courtesy?

There is a 1% chance that the model is either in a coma or deceased. After all, sh!t does happen.

What happened to the time when someone was as good as their word, they made a commitment or a promise and they kept it? Or failing to do so, when something really did mean they could not make it, they did not hide behind non-contact but rather called, apologised and re-scheduled if possible?

What happened to common decency and courtesy?

In the commercial world where professionalism is your name and credit, you honour what's agreed even verbally, a contract is just a proof that you can fall back on the fine prints. When money is involved, priced as a benchmark to service and quality, we lived up to it. Not always measured with money but it's the priority and importance measurement. It's for fun or fund?

When we have a casual gathering and something more urgent pops up, it's basic courtesy to call, delayed or could not turn up. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.