people using manfrotto geared heads, 400, 405, 410, please come in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxtheevil

question,

i intend to buy the manfrotto 405.

i like to change the camera plate.

which of u guys change the camera plate ?

and what brand to u change it to ? the really right stuff ? or?

does changing the camera plate / clamp, makes the grip of the manfrotto 405 to the camera tighter?

please share (if u have user experience on it)

thanks.

The quick release plate for the 405 / 410 is a dedicated design which fits the receiving platform on the gear head. It will not accept an after market / different plate.

The quick release plate for the 405 / 410 is a dedicated design which fits the receiving platform on the gear head. It will not accept an after market / different plate.
hi Kit,

(u got awesome inspiring works!)

can i ask if the 2 way macro slider focusing rail would fit onto the manfrotto 400 / 405 / 410 geared head then?

please share.

thanks!

I'm not sure about that but if your rail has got a standard screw in socket that's similar to those on the camera bodies, you shouldn't have any problem mounrting the rail onto the plate and then mount the entire setup onto the head but I would think its quite difficult to handle since the quick release isn't that smooth or easy to work with. Sometimes, you need brute force.

I'm not sure about that but if your rail has got a standard screw in socket that's similar to those on the camera bodies, you shouldn't have any problem mounrting the rail onto the plate and then mount the entire setup onto the head but I would think its quite difficult to handle since the quick release isn't that smooth or easy to work with. Sometimes, you need brute force.
can i find out from u,

do u use a 2 way macro focusing rail on the geared head?

i threw out the idea for a 4 way, as structurally, it's inherently instable.

please advise.

thanks.

Er, I don't use any focussing rail at all.
oh, ok, thanks for your shared info.

guess i got to look at the components.

i was told the wimberly plate is the best after market camera for arca-swiss style ball heads.

and that arca-swiss ball heads is better than markins.

any feedback on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.