Pentex Kr filter ?

samkck

Dec 27, 2010
HI I am decided to get a Pentax Kr this week. However i was wondering whether to get 2 set of filters for my kit lens i.e. one for 15-55mm and another for 55-300mm. Would it better to purchase the filter at one go or get then later on. ?

Hi, think you are talking about UV filter to protect the lens. Suggest that you don't need to buy it... It's supposed to protect, yes, but that protection is debatable. Besides, addition of filters means ghosting/flaring, especially at night. You will end up taking it out a lot of the time. Given that the kit lenses are relatively cheap, don't see a strong reason to buy anyways. In any case, it's your choice. Doesn't matter whether you purchase at one go or not, but please do your homework - a lot of shops will tend to chop on accessories.

Btw, it's 18-55, not 15-55. :)

HI I am decided to get a Pentax Kr this week. However i was wondering whether to get 2 set of filters for my kit lens i.e. one for 15-55mm and another for 55-300mm. Would it better to purchase the filter at one go or get then later on. ?

if you really want, get it the moment you buy it.
else
forget it and get better IQ :)