pentax's prime lens

one952

Jun 10, 2010
Hi, earlier was playing with a nikon with af50mm f1.8d lens. . And quite impress tat it only cost 200new. . Wondering if pentax have lens similar in term of quality and pricing? :)

Or any recommendation for a good lens for capturing fast moving kids and pricing is affordable about 200- 400 and below. .

Thanks for any advice. . Btw, it's for my kx.

if you want auto focus, there're a couple of FA 50mm f1.4s going about the Pentax Buy & sell section. =) price around $400+ or so

If you think you can live with non AF, then the A 50mm f1.4 can be had around $250+/- I believe.

the f1.7 versions should also do, but not as many going around.

Da 35mm F2.4.
Affordable and good.

Hi, earlier was playing with a nikon with af50mm f1.8d lens. . And quite impress tat it only cost 200new. . Wondering if pentax have lens similar in term of quality and pricing? :)

Or any recommendation for a good lens for capturing fast moving kids and pricing is affordable about 200- 400 and below. .

Thanks for any advice. . Btw, it's for my kx.

DA35/2.4 is cheap and good. Better focal length to be used indoors as well.

Do note that a f1.8 or 1.4 lens is not all cure all for shots inside the house of children. DOF is very shallow at large apertures. Make sure that you are aware of this trade-off (ie. one kid sharp, then other is not; One eye is sharp, the other is not; etc).

I'd suggest that you 'look for the light' (eg. nearer windows; nearer light sources; etc) or use flash if necessary (bounced). Make a reflective bounce card from aluminum foil and card to bounce off your in-camera flash to the ceiling if needed.

One such idea here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoisjoe/2073084988/
its much more effective if you lined it with alu foil

if you want auto focus, there're a couple of FA 50mm f1.4s going about the Pentax Buy & sell section. =) price around $400+ or so

If you think you can live with non AF, then the A 50mm f1.4 can be had around $250+/- I believe.

the f1.7 versions should also do, but not as many going around.

Da 35mm F2.4.
Affordable and good.

DA35/2.4 is cheap and good. Better focal length to be used indoors as well.

Do note that a f1.8 or 1.4 lens is not all cure all for shots inside the house of children. DOF is very shallow at large apertures. Make sure that you are aware of this trade-off (ie. one kid sharp, then other is not; One eye is sharp, the other is not; etc).

I'd suggest that you 'look for the light' (eg. nearer windows; nearer light sources; etc) or use flash if necessary (bounced). Make a reflective bounce card from aluminum foil and card to bounce off your in-camera flash to the ceiling if needed.

One such idea here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoisjoe/2073084988/
its much more effective if you lined it with alu foil

Thanks all bro, guess i'll try the 35mm, not sure if can get by 1pm, coz got a flight to catch at 4. .
Is slrr the best pricing?

can't go wrong with SLR R. their prices are very competitive. :thumbsup:

I second that . Look for Ray .... Best sale guy I ever meet so far ... lol

not having affordable af primes used to be a gap in pentax's lineup but now the dal35 is a good fit

hi, got the 35mm 2.4 last minute. no regret really. . great lens for the price!