Pentaxians' Training Session - Need Your Help!

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Really sorry for late followup on this post process sharing session. I've been really busy lately.

Anyway, we plan to have another post processing training/knowledge sharing session like the last time. But we need a venue for about 30 to 40 participants. Wonder if anyone over here got a place for this event? Hopefully it's free 'cause we are not charging any fee for the participants.

Hopefully we could get this done asap. Please do let me know about this. You can either PM or call me directly @ 94281380.

Thanks and cheers!

FW, Frank

Hi All,

Really sorry for late followup on this post process sharing session. I've been really busy lately.

Anyway, we plan to have another post processing training/knowledge sharing session like the last time. But we need a venue for about 30 to 40 participants. Wonder if anyone over here got a place for this event? Hopefully it's free 'cause we are not charging any fee for the participants.

Hopefully we could get this done asap. Please do let me know about this. You can either PM or call me directly @ 94281380.

Thanks and cheers!

FW, Frank

Frank, just a frank opinion. :bsmilie:

for such a large group, it involve a bit of logistic. better charge a token sum, say $10 or $20. the last one you organised, you bought a lot of refreshment for us and it is only right we defray some of the cost. despite the goodwill, 10% didnt turn up without notice.

i was thinking if charge by a small sum like $10-20 are we able to rent a room in CC or some school like ITE and ploy?

i was thinking if charge by a small sum like $10-20 are we able to rent a room in CC or some school like ITE and ploy?

good idea, tai kor! felix, can help?

Last edited:
agree that its better to charge a token sum. its a small gesture of commitment for participants and allows the organisers more flexibility to have a proper venue and buy refreshments.

i'm sure there will be some who registered but couldn't make it for valid reasons. things crop up and in those cases, the token sum is also not a big loss.

but we should avoid situations where participants think free = last minute fly aeroplane also nvm because it deprives other interested pentaxians of the chance to attend :thumbsd:

Well if everyone is open to paying a token sum of say $10 and there is a sign-up of about 40 persons, there are quite a number of places that do offer seminar or classrooms for rent.
SMU for example have classrooms that can accommodate 50-70 pax. Rental is about $65/hour, so even if we take up about 3-4 hours, there is still balance remaining for refreshments. Plus location is central for everyone. There are many options available out there from training institutes, educational schools to commercial buildings.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Let's try to find a place FOC first. If really can't, probably we either cancel the event, or go ahead w/ some small registration fee for the venue, and probably some refreshment :)

SMU one sound cheap...
i was also thinking of calling up hotel for their event room already...

having a registration fee is a good idea to attract genuine participants.
looking forward to this session!

having a registration fee is a good idea to attract genuine participants.
looking forward to this session!

wah, a lot of interest leh! got to pay, no topic no venue already queue forming... :think:

hope you guys will be able to find one by this weekend cos i will be off to middle east till dec liao... at least can still meet up for lesson and drinks before i fly... ;p

I know you are eager to teach us your macro setup, right?:cool:
and you can teach us your sniper stance shooting, OK?

hope you guys will be able to find one by this weekend cos i will be off to middle east till dec liao... at least can still meet up for lesson and drinks before i fly... ;p
since you are flying off, can we just meet up for a drink after work around orchard?

wah, a lot of interest leh! got to pay, no topic no venue already queue forming... :think:

because i know nothing about PS... only know resize and crop...:bsmilie:
i don't think with 1-2 hours time only teach resize and crop... the i will ->:eek:

because i know nothing about PS... only know resize and crop...:bsmilie:
i don't think with 1-2 hours time only teach resize and crop... the i will ->:eek:

Then i reckon you should just watch online videos tutorials? :dunno:

good idea to watch youtube...
but need kick to start my self-learn engine...
;p
see the expert how to do... then set a traget or goal...
to do searching, also need a keyword... no "end in mind" very hard to begin...

and you can teach us your sniper stance shooting, OK?

since you are flying off, can we just meet up for a drink after work around orchard?

no problem... from now till friday anyday also can haha...

just shared my experience from the first photoshop lesson.

denis had this photo of a scenery with a dark foreground shadow. with a touch of the slider the foreground turned into beautiful colour matching the overall exposure. he could do that cos he shot the photo in raw. i converted there and then. no more jpeg and only shoot raw+jpeg. during processing, for unimportant photo, i will just dump the raw file afterward & keep the jpeg. for keepers, i keep both.

not exactly life changing but a major shift in my photography thinking nevertheless.

this kind of demo and learning, you cant really google and find in youtube. you cant google things that you dont know.

seefei, moonlight is talking about cropping and resize chalking up the whole session.

I was on my newbie photography journey and i realise there's a raw button on my camera, out of curiosity, i decided to search what is what. Did you? ;p

Last edited:
Put me into the queue for this session. It was a pity, I missed the last session.

Fully support having a nominal fee...we can make an exception if the Pentaxian is a student who is not working.

Tried looking at on-line videos and also bought bought a book on PS. Maybe the brain not so good but I find it tedious to learn it this way, I think the face to face interactions with an instructor might help more. Maybe I am just old-school.

Last edited: