Pentaxians October 2010 outing - calling for suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seefei

Mar 7, 2008
West Coast
:) tomorrow is oct and it is time we set a venue for our monthly outing. i am sure a lot of you who attended CP session last saturday will be eager to put your new found knowledge to work and at the same time watch CP, the magician works at close range.

personally i would like to do some street photography to exercise the 31mm lens of mine and some architectural for the sake of my 1224 and 1017 lenses. just my wish list and other differing suggestions are welcome. let the majority decide.

quick2 send in your suggestions as OCTOBER is less than 24 hours away..... :cheergal:

:) tomorrow is oct and it is time we set a venue for our monthly outing. i am sure a lot of you who attended CP session last saturday will be eager to put your new found knowledge to work and at the same time watch CP, the magician works at close range.

personally i would like to do some street photography to exercise the 31mm lens of mine and some architectural for the sake of my 1224 and 1017 lenses. just my wish list and other differing suggestions are welcome. let the majority decide.

quick2 send in your suggestions as OCTOBER is less than 24 hours away..... :cheergal:

I suggest 9 Oct , doing some sunrise Landscape . Miss the morning fresh air :)

I suggest mac ritchie reservoir, can shoot monkey, bird, insects, water sport, xmm :bsmilie:

I think mid oct better... Can try out those who get KR or K5

i thot all the new 100WR owners want to try out their new acquisitions? ;)

i have a suggestion to combine or separate, depends how u look at it.

can start at woodlands waterfront for sunrise, seascape, wide angel, etc...

then move on to admiralty park for macro.

those who want to stay on at WW for portraits, landscape, scenery shots can do so, or those who want to have an early start to macro can meet straight at AP.

this way, can cater to more diverse crowd and style.

I go Cambodia take photos. :devil: Sory cannot join again. November must join back :sweat: :angel:

Ya lor, haven't seen u for quite awhile bro. Do joins when u have the time.;)

those who want to stay on at WW for portraits, landscape, scenery shots can do so, or those who want to have an early start to macro can meet straight at AP.

I like this :) Esp the location :p

I like this :) Esp the location :p

i actually don't mind other location but similar concept... i.e. macritchie, chinese garden... possible for macro and landscape as well.

dowan to be accused of suggesting a venue convenient to only certain pple :p

nice idea... but is it far????:sweatsm:
i wish to try out the sunrise, seascape and the new 100WR too...:sweat:

yes. a lot of morning joggers. some very athletic xmm ;)

I think they will call police... suddenly have so many cam shooting them that day...:bsmilie:

nice idea... but is it far????:sweatsm:
i wish to try out the sunrise, seascape and the new 100WR too...:sweat:

Admiralty Park is walking distance from Woodlands MRT... one of the entrances is right next to republic poly.

Woodlands waterfront is in the same general vicinity, but probably easier to bus in from woodlands interchange.

Map can be found here.

Official URA site

How? any other views on this?

Woodlands Macro & Landscape Outing

Macro Party - Meet at Admiralty Park, entrance near RP.

Landscape Party- Meet at Woodlands Waterfront.

Meeting time can be 8am for both sides, unless u want to start earlier, esp for sunrise shoot at woodlands waterfront?

Participants may OTOT change equipment and switch location on their own, or arrange car-pool with those who are driving.

other suggestion from mine : kent ridge park, pulau ubin, st john island

Place look good...

but need taxi there if got sunrise... $30...

If within first 2 weeks of Oct, won't be able to join...:(

oh no... i might not be able to join in oct... super packed schedule...

got colleague church wedding on the 9th and going to the zoo on the 16th and lastly mint toys museum on the 30th.

I can check out the museum and see whether it can be a viable location for future outing. but there are charges thou. ;)

oh no... i might not be able to join in oct... super packed schedule...

got colleague church wedding on the 9th and going to the zoo on the 16th and lastly mint toys museum on the 30th.

I can check out the museum and see whether it can be a viable location for future outing. but there are charges thou. ;)

Mint Museum not viable. The place cannot hold our large number of people. I know as I have been there 3 times already. Twice to help a friend take photos of his bears being displayed there.

Displays are all behind glass and really make it difficult to take pictures with flash. if you can go flash-less it would be good but ISO need to boost up.

Status
Not open for further replies.