Pentaxians Oct 2010 Outing "Little India" Photos

seefei

Mar 7, 2008
West Coast
:bsmilie: all you happy owners of K5, Kr, KX, K20D, K10D, K100D, MX, ME, 645, etc please dont forget to submit your homework - 2 photographs per person minimum.

Last edited:
omg.. the outing has not even begun.. the thread for posting of photos has been CREATED!! scary..

Flowerpot homework score

creativity: A
timing: A
substance: F (maybe my mon, I see nothing)

FP, pls resubmit your homework.

Last edited:
Sharing the better shots from today... C&C welcome

Thanks Seefei for the headsup. I'll start w/ the group photos from the gatherin as usual:

FWEI0122_s.jpg

You guys are cheating! I asked everybody to jump, ended up I was the only one who was jumping :angry:

FWEI0125_s.jpg

Is it possible to have one group photo with names? One can just put either the nickname or the name you like to be called. We meet only once a month, and I cannot always remember all the names I heard. If we could put eg. Back Row...Middle Row.... Front Row. Even our cleonbus tries to do that. This way, it will make our socializing even better over time. Example, I just found out a couple of weeks ago, that mchew is a part time ARTIST beside photography. He is starting a class in November, and I may be joining to expand my portfolio of hobbies besides biking. Talking about biking, pinhole is an avid biker too. We did have a list of guys with their professions; but unsure who they are in real life.

Is it possible to have one group photo with names? One can just put either the nickname or the name you like to be called. We meet only once a month, and I cannot always remember all the names I heard. If we could put eg. Back Row...Middle Row.... Front Row. Even our cleonbus tries to do that. This way, it will make our socializing even better over time. Example, I just found out a couple of weeks ago, that mchew is a part time ARTIST beside photography. He is starting a class in November, and I may be joining to expand my portfolio of hobbies besides biking. Talking about biking, pinhole is an avid biker too. We did have a list of guys with their professions; but unsure who they are in real life.

was late :( not inside the photo

Last edited:
my contribution from today shoot.......

"Pinocchio"
20101016-_IGP9749.jpg

"Boredom"
20101016-_IGP9740.jpg

"Mirrors"
20101016-_IGP9687.jpg

"Self-Reflection"
20101016-_IGP9655.jpg

Taken with Pentax FA J 75-300mm lens. This series is a memory of out-dated technology of bicycles - with brands like Rayleigh (still exists today), and Phoenix. They continue to serve their masters faithfully with unfanciful brakes but reliable and economical. It is still a lesson of sustainable global development, without hurting the environment.

One has no need to worry about it been stolen. Do you know that bikes today can set you back more than 4x the cost of your K5? Even a simple but well known folding bike costs more than the K5! Only when you start to buy into "bazookas" that you are now even with the hobby of biking.

I am glad to see so many old bikes that evoke my memory of yesterday; where I too was using a Rayleigh with a SINGLE speed. I was younger then.

All photo with no post-processing on a lens that cost less than S$200! Bravo Pentax

IMGP7941.jpg

IMGP7945.jpg

IMGP7942.jpg

IMGP7952.jpg

Last edited:
Lens: Pentax FA J 75-300mm

There is yin and yang in "fruits" just as there is in fruit arrangement between potatoes and egg plants. Eating more vegetables is an act of compassion, against eating too much meat. Cholesterol is the enemy of the blood arteries. It also creates wealth for doctors and medical industry; but does make us a lot poorer. We could have use that to invest in more lenses to make our life richer. Eat more vegetables!

This lens is rather soft, unfortunately, but very light to carry around, and even if lost won't heart the pocket too much.

IMGP7971.jpg

IMGP7997.jpg

IMGP7999.jpg

Last edited:
Looks more like Charlie was kicking you:think:
:bsmilie:

Today's outing has so many people :thumbsup:
Too bad i couldn't join in the fun today due to army mobilization :cry:

Last edited:
Architectural design of the time, depicts a historical significance. This was when there isn't any air-condition, where natural wind is the means of cooling the house. Glass was not common then. The simple mechanism of opening the window sills with just a pull on the vertical shaft and a twist to sustained them been opened was the "innovation" of its time.

If you want more air, just open wide (sounds familiar with your lens) the window. No fanciful curtain to buy from Ikea. Today we consume more with our wealth. If both China and India were to consume like the developed countries, the good earth will not be enough.

National Geographic in its recent issue, wrote about over-fishing.... will there come a time, when wars will start because to protect strategic "resources" even of fishing areas? Conserve and Preserve the earth for the generations to come!

IMGP7919.jpg

IMGP7926.jpg

IMGP7921.jpg

IMGP7935.jpg

IMGP7957.jpg

Some shots from today outing : )

IMGP7429.JPG

IMGP7450.JPG

IMGP7460.JPG

IMGP7598.JPG

IMGP7619.JPG

Tried some pannings

IMGP7517.JPG

IMGP7558.JPG

IMGP7575.JPG

Every outing must have cats ^_^

IMGP7605.JPG

IMGP7614.JPG

5085558675_045d8fdebc_b.jpg

5086157082_0841609d41_b.jpg

5086157442_66c53932a1_b.jpg

5086157278_afc9804731_b.jpg

Last edited:
Used the Sigma 10-20 for the whole outing. Still trying hard to get the hang of it. From K-x, no $$ to get the K-5.

#1 Luv this mural on the wall.

5086215236_dd1628fbdb_b.jpg

#2 Red shirt alert

5086215228_6bdf1c134d_b.jpg

#3 Religious Signs

5086215234_e1b70af007_b.jpg

5086837550_276b8937c2_b.jpg

Last edited: