Pentaxians June 2010 Outing - Please Post Your Photos :)

fengwei

Staff member
Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Thanks to all who joined the outing today, I'm sure all guys had a lot fun there at the park or on the trail.

The weather couldn't be any better I guess, especially after yesterday's heavy rain. The trail walk was a bit tiring, but fun, and it's good to shake off some sweat, isn't it :sweat:

Anyway, please share your photos here, I'm sure most guys got quite a few keepers. Here are a few group photos usual:

Look at our leengirl! That's our Pentax girl!

Last edited:

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
I had some time in the afternoon so I went through my photos first. It's not easy shooting macros, especially after so little practice in the US. Couldn't really find many bugs to shoot either, but the butterflies in the butterfly enclosure were very friendly and co-operative.

Shot with K20D, Tamron 90, DIY pop-up flash diffuser

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
Thanks to all who joined the outing today, I'm sure all guys had a lot fun there at the park or on the trail

The weather couldn't be any better I guess, especially after yesterday's heavy rain. The trail walk was a bit tiring, but fun, and it's good to shake off some sweat, isn't it

Anyway, please share your photos here, I'm sure most guys got quite a few keepers. I'll update this post w/ some group photos shortly.

Cheers and happy shooting.
Oops I was too kancheong! Created the thread at the same time as FW, sorry! :sweat:

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
Yeah, took me a few steps to merge them together :)

Excellent macros btw :thumbsup:
Lesson learnt, next time I will let the boss start the thread. ;p

The DIY diffuser worked quite well, too bad while shooting the macros I missed out on the big group setting off on the trail! :(

May 28, 2010
Singapore
Hihi~ you guys are fast haha..

yep was tiring but was definately fun and worth the effort~ =D

heres some of my shots.. first timer + beginner so still learning

Using K-x with sigma 70-300mm lens

Last edited:

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,here's mine:

1)FW and Denis taking macros

2)Pentaxians shooting XMM

3)

4)

:)

Limited

Apr 17, 2008
South East
:bigeyes:Nice shots ! Guys. And here's mine...

:embrass: Piesei, piesei.

tommyx

May 28, 2009
Singapore
Was great fun but so tiring! My humble shot and first upload..

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
A very exhausting outingggg........ Reach home and KO'ed until now.

Anyway, below are the photos taken today :)

1. The proud lizard

2. Cosy home for a worm

3. Interlacing dogs

Yamakasi

Jan 26, 2008
here's mine..too bad cant join you all for part 2 as I cldnt walk far

seefei

Mar 7, 2008
West Coast

beast - thanks to bros brian, terrance & charlie who introduced this subject - very cooperative model.

beauty and the beast - the butterflies in hort park garden are extremely friendly. otherwise, this shot will never be possible.

beauty - very unusual flower, anyone knows the name?

as usual, the gathering was very fun with strong support from pentaxians, old and new. special mention must go to leengirl who made a special appearance and made FW's day :bsmilie:. too bad i could not stay for the entire session due to some family outing in the later part of the morning.

can see the strobists are going strong with JK and baracus all standing by with "umbrella" :bsmilie: this morning. look forward to join you guys in the next outings. hope the strobists can put up some photos...

my photo posts, all taken with tamron 90 and k20d in natural lighting. pp with CS5 with words added with picasa. brought the ring light but didn't use as the natural light is sufficient...

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
beast - thanks to bros brian, terrance & charlie who introduced this subject - very cooperative model.

beauty and the beast - the butterflies in hort park garden are extremely friendly. otherwise, this shot will never be possible.
You are welcomed!

Better safeguard the butterfly Pentax pic, potential advertising photo :)

Dec 22, 2009
More pics.

Beauty attract butterflies

Another angle of the proud lizard

Bright red flower

Last edited:
Top Bottom